“Easily the best B&B I have stayed in”
Review of Braidmead House

Braidmead House
Ranked #1 of 9 Irvine B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Easily the best B&B I have stayed in”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at Braidmead House whilst working away for a couple of weeks. I chose the B&B based on Tripadvisor reviews as I am bored of staying in soulless and boring business hotels. I was definitely not disappointed! The owners are very friendly and welcoming, nothing seems to be too much trouble. The rooms are decent sized and very clean, with a modern en-suite bathroom (with a warm and fairly powerful shower). The bed was one of the most comfy I've slept in a hotel/B&B, the flatscreen TV had all the Freeview channels, free WiFi (some major hotel chains could take note on both TV and WiFi provision!). Although I only had breakfast twice due to starting work very early, it was good both times, with a great selection of tea, coffee, cereals, yoghurts and cooked options. Diana even made sandwiches on the days when I started early and gave me good restaurant recommendations for the evenings. This really was a "home from home" and certainly the best B&B I've ever stayed in, and could teach some 4 star hotels a thing or two about service and quality of rooms! I certainly know where I'll be staying if work or leisure takes me to Ayrshire again.

Room Tip: I stayed in an attic room the first week which seemed a bit bigger than the other room I stayed in.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BrightonAlex1985

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Manchester
Reviewed April 5, 2013

What a wonderful B&B and the owners Jim and Diana are wonderful too. We stayed for 2nights and nothing was too much trouble for Di, who even provided afternoon Tea. Great breakfast, comfy beds what more can I say but a very big Thank You to you both.

Room Tip: Great place to stay for getting to Isle of Arran or golf courses.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Arrangirl
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

a very welcoming couple who couldn't do enough to make our stay special,Diana was very informative about attractions far and wide and Jim even made my wife 4music cd,s to take away with her, excellent breakfast and a spotlessly clean house, beautifully restored and tastefully decorated.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank graeme021
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our 8th visit and it is still as good as the first . Diana and Jim are wonderful hosts and nothing is too much trouble. The room is comfortable. The sweeties in the dish is a nice touch. We always look forward to going back. Breakfasts are beautifully cooked and presented and nothing is too much trouble. All in all it is extremely good value for money....why stay anywhere else!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda A
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the first weekend in February 2013 and were absolutely delighted. Before I talk about the facilities I would like to say that Diana and Jim are superb hosts and went the extra mile to ensure we enjoyed our stay. Nothing is too much trouble, both are very friendly and they made our stay most enjoyable.
The B&B is immaculately clean and beautifully decorated when you step inside and the bedroom we stayed in was the same. The room was well appointed and my wife and I enjoyed a great nights sleep and a great shower in the morning. As well as a television in your room there is one in the lounge where you can enjoy sky sports etc. The breakfast is to die for with all the food freshly made and a fantastic choice so no matter your taste it can be catered for. The location is very close to the centre of Irvine so there are restaurants and pubs within walking distance if you don't want to take the car. All in all a superb place to stay and we will certainly re-visit. I certainly recommend that anyone planning a trip to North Ayrshire visit here and I'm sure you won't regret it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 2533
Regina, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Diana & Jim are terrific hosts, very friendly and accommodating. This BB is a beautiful historical house. Bedrooms are spacious, clean and beautiful. Diana & Jim were very helpful in giving suggestions on places to see and places to eat. We ate at the Ships Inn and it was excellent! Breakfast at the BB was also excellent...very very tasty. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank tharron
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here over Christmas 2012 whilst visiting family in Irvine. We felt most welcome and nothing was too much trouble for our hosts. Our room was well appointed and comfortable with all facilities and spotlessly clean. An excellent freshly cooked and piping hot scottish breakfast to set you up for the day. We can certainly recommend and will stay again when next in Irvine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gjc47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,021 reviews
Annfield House Hotel
Annfield House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Irvine

Been to Braidmead House? Share your experiences!