“Excellent hotel, Exceptional staff and good location! Highly Recommend!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kidron House Hotel

Kidron House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Irvine
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel, Exceptional staff and good location! Highly Recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed for one night on 3rd January 2014.

We stayed in the premium executive room which proved to be amazing value for money. Room is very spacious and comfortable. Room also comes with a large ensuite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath. That not all included in the price comes another room exclusively for your use with toilet, sink, huge power shower and private sauna. Bed was very comfortable too.

Room aside the breakfast was fantastic and hotel also has a nice bar and dining area. Ideal if you are planning a visit to Ayr, Irvine, Kilmarnock or a day trip to Arran or just looking to get away to relax and unwind.

Should be #1 in Irvine based on my experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Hi Graham,many thanks for taking time out to leave us such a positive review.As always the executive room proves to be very popular.Its always nice to hear such positive feedback.We were also very happy to hear your comments on our new bar and restaurant area which is proving to be very popular.We hope to see you again in the future and thank you once again.Kind regards from all at Kidron.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was my second time in Kidron House Hotel and I can say it has just got better. It was yet another fabulous stay. Excellent service, great food and helpful staff. Also the addition of their new bar and lounge area really helped my stay to become more relaxing and enjoyable. Great job guys keep it up. Can't wait to come back again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Hi Alex,thank you for the great review.It was great to have you back with us again and we look forward to seeing you again in April.We are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and enjoyed our new facilities.We are finding our guests are really liking the new bar an restaurant area.All the very best-The Kidron Team
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night. Staff helpful. Food excellent and freshly prepared. Breakfast a treat with delicious black pudding.
Bedroom comfortable, warm,cozy and clean. I would highly recommend this. It is ideal for visiting Ayr, Kilmarnock, Irvine.
Moira.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Hi Moira,many thanks for your very positive review.Its always great to hear our guests are having a positive experience.We have recently launched an exciting new menu in our brand new restaurant and bar area which seems to be going down very well.All food is locally sourced and we are so happy you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again soon and wish you and your family all the very best over the holiday season.Best wishes from all at Kidron.
Looe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Kidron on a number of occasions recently staying for a 3 week stint due to work. I would like to share my superb experience with everyone.

The staff on reception are welcoming and friendly, the food both for breakfast and evening meals are delicious. The room's i have stayed in have been well appointed with comfortable beds.

Recent work to the lounge has improved the lounge / dinning room area giving a nicer feel.

If you are considering coming to this area for work or pleasure, this would be an ideal place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thanks for the great review Michael we really appreciate it.We are delighted you found the staff so friendly and enjoyed our new bar and restaurant area so much.We have just finished it and are delighted with the results.We look forward to seeing you again soon and wish you and your family a great time over the holiday season.Best wishes -The Kidron Staff
Huddersfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Good helpful and friendly staff happy to please all customers as far as I could tell. My room was clean with controllable heating, I turned it down despite being December! Once I found the shower power button the bathroom became functional and clean also. Personally on a business trip I could do with a desk, others might want a dressing table.

Room Tip: I had a room in the separate building away from the reception which possibly helped on having a peac...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi Mike,thank you for your very positive review.I have passed your comments onto the staff who were very happy to hear you found their customer service so satisfactory.Also we have recently had a new heating system installed and I have noted a great response from our customers.I have noted your comment about a desk in the room and I agree with you.I shall have one put in as you suggest.We look forward to having you with us again and wish you the very best over the festive season.From all at Kidron
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

My friend Esther and I stayed here a few months ago. We went from Belfast to Scotland on a shopping trip. Kidron House Hotel was highly recommended to me from a friend. It was absolutely perfect. I could not fault one single thing. From the staff who welcomed us on arrival, even booking our taxis and telling us where best to shop. The room was beautiful and the food amazing. We loved Kidron House hotel and will definitely be back. So much so that we may very well book for Christmas :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thanks for the fantastic review Margaret.We loved having you both with us and look forward to seeing you again.Let us know before you come and we will arrange one of our superior rooms.Best wishes from all at Kidron.
Crieff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I just stayed very briefly at the Kildron Hotel as I got in late and had to leave early for the Arran Ferry. The guy on reception was really friendly and the room was good and spotlessly clean. The bed was really comfortable with lovely sheets and bedding and the power shower was excellent. Unfortunately I had a really poor nights sleep due to three guests next door arriving late and deciding to talk and shout from half midnight till half two. Although there was no night staff I eventually called the hotel number and the guy who checked me in came and spoke to the neighbours - which worked thank goodness. No-one else seems to have mentioned noise as an issue in their reviews so I think I was just unlucky. The hotel dealt with the situation and in future it might be worth having an 'emergency' night number for guests as the first time I called the hotel number there was no answer so I decided to persevere with the noise for longer. If it weren't for the noisy guests I would have had a really comfortable stay. There isn't a category for good on here but that is where I would rank the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hi Gemma,thank you for your positive comments concerning our staff and room quality.We are so glad you found your experience with us good.Regarding the noise from the room next to yours I have spoken to the member of staff who was night porter that evening an he has confirmed he spoke to the guests in room 5 asking them to keep the noise level down.Apologies about this as we want every guest to have a first class experience with us.We shall now add an emergency number to our information folders.Although this is a very rare complaint it was nevertheless disruptive to yourself.I would be pleased to pass on a 25% discount voucher to be use against your next stay with us.We would love for your good experience to become a great one on your next stay.Best wishes from all at Kidron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
#5 of 5 in Irvine
The Fenwick Hotel
The Fenwick Hotel
#1 of 1 in Fenwick

Been to Kidron House Hotel? Share your experiences!