The Mansefield Hotel
$121
$117
$100
Premier Inn Elgin Hotel(Elgin)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Ramnee Hotel(Forres)
$133
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmezzo restaurantbeautiful hotelwhisky loversmansfield hotelthe main dining roomdrive homefemale managervast arraygrand pianoon saturday eveningchair coversbig hotelper headnew wingsmoked salmonfour poster bedhotel bar
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was not a planned stay but due to weather I was unable to drive home. I was made to feel very welcome and thoroughly enjoyed my unexpected night at the Mansfield. The room was modern, well equipped, immaculately clean, and the bed was extremley comfortable. Breakfast was excellent too and a great choice was offered.Staff were friendly but unobtrusive. Due to the fact I was still full after breakfast, I only required a light lunch, I opted for the Cullen Skink and it was one of the best I have tasted. I would have no hesitation in staying here again the next time I find myself in the area. I would also happily bring my family next time too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Olitaric
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed with our family in two suites and had a wonderful time. Staff couldnt do enough to help us and our bed was wonderfully comfortable.

We had a fabulous dinner in Mezzo, we had had a large lunch so four of us opted for two starters as apposed to a main meal and every thing was delicious - I paticularly recomend the tempura prawns!

Room were large, very well appointed and very clean.

Wouldnt hesitate to go back or to recomend to anyone.

Room Tip: The new part of the Hotel has the suites in which offer fantastic views across Elgin.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ailgor
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Looks lovely on first glance, but a closer look shows a lot of wear on carpets etc. Room was pricey. Had to trek up stairs, across walkways up different stairs to find room. Room looked good, and was clean, however, the toilet barely worked and the bed was one of the worst I have ever slept on - I am sure I could actually feel the vertebrae in my back protesting and back was sore all day next day. The hotel's restaurant was not open as it was a week night, so we went to the bistro that is attached (although no entry from hotel - had to go out and around to main road to gain entry). The food was excellent - top notch!
Overall disappointed in stay and would not stay again, would go to bistro again however.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MegaDancer
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed on business last week and after staying in The Mansion House and the Laichmoray lately quite often I decided I fancied a change of scenery so booked into the Mansefield.

Price wise it cost me the same as a night in The Mansion House usually does, and when comparing the two - The Mansion house wins hands down.

My room was absolutely tiny , and I found it very difficult to get it to a comfortable temperature - which resulted in me having an unsettled sleep as I was too warm. The bed itself was comfortable, but very small for a double.

The room was actually so small that the kettle and tea & coffee etc had to be kept in the cupboard as there was no room for the tray anywhere else.

Bathroom was pretty basic, with no bath just shower. Shower pressure was weak , meaning after a pretty poor sleep I didn't really feel any more awake after my shower.

Wouldn't stay here again when there is much much better in the area for no extra cost.

Positives - Location, friendly staff, ample parking.

Negatives - Price, room size, shower, bed size.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank papac1873
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Well what a disappointment. This place over sells itself and under delivers on service. Much like the mezzo, it looks great, modern and almost trendy (for Elgin!). But again, the service is poor, wine clunked down with a 'pour it yourself' attitude. Often times a mix of either dismissal/disinterest or over forward. It seems to be money poured into the building itself (rather over done) but zero in training staff! This needs rethought. As it spoils what could otherwise be great. The lack of atmosphere is due to it being empty! Little wonder. The food is all right at best, lacks 'following the seasons' and a salad drenched in balsamic vinegar went out with the arc! Come on, improve the food and service and people will flock back! Haven't they noticed so many people come and don't return!

• Stayed: September 2012