“Fantastic 'Smoke Free' environment.”

B&B Willowbank Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elgin
B&B Willowbank Guest House
Ranked #20 of 22 Elgin B&B and Inns
Northants
“Fantastic 'Smoke Free' environment.”
Reviewed April 14, 2007

I travel extensively throughout the UK and always look forward to visiting Scotland where its illegal to smoke in hotel rooms. Although I was not presented with the 'standard' waiver when I signed in, It was clear that smoking was not acceptable. The Host couldnt have been more helpful. Accommodation was spacious, clean and inexpensive. Many Thanks for a wonderful stay. I Recommend this B&B and will be back soon. Please feel free to contact me.

• Liked — Friendly host, clean 'smoke free' accommodation and location to 'malt whisky trail'
  • Disliked — Nothing to 'not like'.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
14 Thank Xlentsteve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Zurich
Reviewed September 10, 2006

This is pretty much the worst and unfriendliest B&B I have ever had the misfortune of staying in. The owners are friendly on the surface, but are incredibly false. They make all guests feel like they are staying in a home for delinquents. After a long journey, my husband and I were looking forward to a cosy room. Our “room”, if that’s what it can be called was big enough for the bed (two singles pushed together to make a double) and one bedside table. It was more like a cellar really. There was no window in the room and the only fresh air came through a ventilator in the wall. There was some attempt at a "window" in the roof of the room, where some daylight filtered through. The excuse for a bathroom in the “ensuite” room was practically no bigger than a toilet cubicle. The room stank of disinfectant and was freezing cold. And to top it all, our hosts obviously have a fire phobia. There were well over 100 no-smoking signs in the house, plus instructions for firemen everywhere! Now, Scotland no longer permits smoking at the workplace, which is fine - but this was ridiculous. We had at least 6 non-smoking signs in and immediately outside our room! One sign said that if you are caught smoking "you will be told to leave..... you have been warned"!!?! Honestly, where are we here? And we're paying to stay in this place?! Living on the continent, but being Irish, I was looking forward to a real Scottish breakfast. I was heartened to see that the notice on the breakfast menu claimed that everything was prepared to order. You can imagine my disappointment when I got a plate of microwaved sausages, bacon and beans. The order came within 1 minute of having given it! The bacon was unidentifiable; I might as well have been chewing on the sole of my shoe. My husband’s coffee was instant - and very weak. He sneaked back to our room and poured it down the sink! We shared my tea - the pot had 1 measly teabag and was also weak. Oh yes, and breakfast - we were told on arrival - is between 7 and 8.30 - but we were required to say EXACTLY when we would be down for breakfast on both days. And don’t be late! I spoke to the owner about our dissatisfaction and that £25 per person per night was not appropriate considering that she charged the same for the suite upstairs where friends of ours were staying (and which was really quite nice). No joy, we paid the full amount and left after 2 days as very unhappy guests. Never again. These people should be shut down, they are hopeless.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Absolutely everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away