“Very good”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely meal there tonight with my partner was really good.highly recommend it,great service & great food!

2  Thank amyG1987

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I was in Lossiemouth visiting family/friends and we were taken to this restaurant for our evening meal. I had the steak burger which was HUGE and delicious, others at our table had the mixed grill, Sunday roast and a pasta dish. All dishes were enjoyed by all presentation and taste the only reason I gave the restaurant 4 stars rather than 5 because of the music. The background music was jumping and skipping rather than just turning it off it was on and off and the staff must of been trying to resolve it but for the hour we were there the music was constantly skipping which was very irritating. Meal lovely staff friendly. Recommended.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My daughter booked a table for us last weekend as it was my fiancé's birthday. What a fantastic choice! The choices available was wide and varied, from the special sunday menu as well as the usual dishes. Service was great, despite being busy, and the food was second to none. Thankfully everyone had ordered something different, so there was a lot of sampling going on, a welcome taster for future visits. Thank you all at Duffus Inn for a lovely evening. Look forward to returning soon!!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The Duffus Inn underwent refurbishment with the new owners last year. I hadn't noticed it before on a previous visit to Duffus - but I won't forget it now. Sarah & her team were absolutely brilliant. We had a 'personal issue' when we went it - and had planned to have a cup of tea & head off. Sarah could NOT have been kinder or more solicitous. It set the tone for what came afterwards. Sarah made such a difference to our situation that we not only decided to eat (we had noticed various orders passing our table). We were then joined by 3 other teenagers - so 4 teens & me. We all ordered the steak burgers, chips & onion rings. The teens thought the 'chose your own burger topping' options were brilliant - which made for a happy group & very happy me. The burgers were delicious, the chips (several versions available) were fat & crispy. The onion rings were the piece de resistance - we devoured two baskets in no time. The prices were very reasonable, the service was brilliant (we asked to be served quickly as we had an appointment to keep), the tables were all occupied, and I recommend it to visitors to the castle, the beach, the amazing walks, and especially the school. Thank you for a lovely evening.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

5 of us booked our Christmas Dinner at The Duffus Inn. This was the fourth Christmas outing in as many years at different resteraunts.... and the best!! We were made to feel exceptionally welcome and staff were very attentive without being intrusive. Service was customer focussed - we were asked if we were ready for every course - which was presented as soon as we wanted it or postponed to accomodate respite from the excellent gastranomic delights that provided a Christmas Dinner that was spoken about in earnest for the rest of Christmas week. My only complaint was that I had to work at 4pm. If I didn't, I might still have been there well past that time as I really enjoyed our time there and if I'd had wine instead of orange juice I could have still been there at New Year!! We got a lot more than 50 quid's worth!!

1  Thank chipsandwendy

Been to Duffus Inn? Share your experiences!