“No frills, good food!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Stopped off late-ish on a Sunday night with the kids without too many expectations.

The menu is a strange mix of a la carte and buffet, which confused us initially but actually works very well.

The waitress recommended the mixed platter starter, which was a great idea - very generous portions, hot and freshly cooked.

The mains were much the same - I have tasted more "authentic" Asian food but this was, bang for buck, very good.

OK, so the decor is more cafe than kitsch restaurant, but who cares at the prices that were being asked.

The staff were pleasant enough and service good.

We will definitely return.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I visited this restaurant on recommendations from friends as being a good place to eat. What I found was not the great Chinese eatery talked about but a very basic, poor service and expensive restaurant.

I sometimes struggle to understand how people can rate a venue as excellent, what can their scoring credentials be? Perhaps they haven’t had the opportunity to travel and eat in exceptional restaurants so their benchmark is not high enough.

So what’s good?

The food is hot and it seemed fresh.

What’s bad?

The whole place needs renovation, walls are tired, and tables are like being in a canteen.

No atmosphere what so ever. Other tables whispered to each other and the music was either not on or so quiet you didn’t notice it.

The service, we had 4 different people serve us, not one of them smiled and all they seem to rush us to finish. The place was empty, I didn’t understand the rush to have us finish.

The cost. I admit my mistake of not checking the price for the all you can eat option; it’s not something I will do again, as the cost in no way represented the food or the service we received.

1  Thank Shanks85
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Eat here every time that I visit Elgin, would recommend you give it a try at least once. Good service, food nice and fresh, cooked to order, friendly staff, always attentive.

1  Thank kpe554
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been visiting this restaurant for years, sit in and takeaway. The front of house appears to be run by young inexperienced staff who have attitude. We were told we couldn't order a dish that we've been getting for years, when questioned the young girl said ok then. After a long wait our takeaway arrived so I checked it before leaving and of course it was not what we ordered, when I questioned this she simply shrugged her shoulders and moved on to the next client.
So no we will definitely not be returning.

1  Thank Trudydudy22
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Food always hot and fresh only thing that let them down was we felt pushed out at 2 as it was closing so rushed to eat main coarse and desert