“Nice Hotel”

Royal Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Elgin
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here a few times in the past. Nice, clean hotel, rooms are tidy and spacious. This stay was for one night on business so I wasn't too fussy about where to eat or getting a drink after dinner, just as we'll really, as on sunday the restaurant shuts at around 6pm and the bar was closed when I got back from eating in town at around 9pm. The hotel website indicates wifi throughout, not in room 11, though, I ended up using the wifi on my phone to get Internet access. The cooked breakfast in the morning was very good, as was the look of the buffet. All in all a nice place to stay, friendly and courteous staff, good service, but you'll have to walk into town for a bite to eat and a drink.

Room Tip: Room 14 is a little on the cozy side, all others that I've stayed in are quite spacious.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

First time me and my friends went for lunch. Food and service first class. Jan looked after us very well. Definitely be back. choice on menu very good presentation and quality second to none. can't wait to go back for diner.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank CFM1975
North East
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had a beautiful meal with lovely friends on Sat 9th Feb. service was first class and all the staff are so nice and friendly. All courses came beautifully presented and tasted fantastic. Have now been twice and cannot find fault with anything. Will definitely be back and would say its probably the best place to eat in town.

Room Tip: I live locally so do not know what the rooms are like, but I'm sure that they must be of a high...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Oban
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been using the restaurant at the Royal now for family meals for many years. I have nbever stayed at the Hotel. If anyone in Elgin wants to go out for a meal, this is the place toi go. It is superb. Don't bother with the bar meals, or the bar, book for the dining room. You will receive high quality service and superb food. I regualry seem to be asking for my compliments to be passed on the to the chef. Menu is imaginative, and changes regularly. They use a reliable local butcher for all their meat requirements, so you can't go wrong. The seafood is equally good. Presentation is excellent. On my last visit I had the most excellent bottle of Rioja wine, that was just fantastic value at £13.00. My advise is - Go and enjoy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had booked a surprise meal just before xmas for my mums birthday. There were 16 of us in total inc my 2 small children and every single person said how fantastic the meal was.We had eaten off the xmas menu which has loads of choices, somwthing for everyone. The staff were very attentive, regularly going round topping up wine glasses, even wishing my mum a happy birthday. My daughter didnt want her dinner so i asked for sausages for her instead and teh response was " not a problem we will take it out asap" and 5 mins or so later she had her sausages.

The owners are very "hands on", very proffesional indeed. They both help to serve our meal and then laterserved us drinks behind the bar.

I couldnt have asked for a better place to have my mums surprise birthday meal and i would highly recomend it.!!!!!

Big thankyou to the Royal Hotel for making my mums birthday special.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Was a very nice room i had at the Royal Hotel,price was very good as well.Would recommend it to my friends and family.I did not eat at the restaurant,but other guests said the food was very good.will try that next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Went there wice during our stay in Elgin. Enjoyed the food very much. Perfect atmosphere, a real treat. Lot's of choices on the menu, good fish, good haggis, and sumptious deserts. We only went there for dinner, did not stay, but if ever again in Elgin, this would be a place we would try to get accomodation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple