Tripadvisor
Elgin
Post
Inbox
Search

“First time there, enjoyed it and will return.”
Review of Scribbles

Scribbles
Ranked #9 of 102 Restaurants in Elgin
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My first time there was in Jan 2020 with my 11 yr old son. It was a Friday about 1800hrs and the restaurant was fairly quite when we arrived. Service was prompt as was the cooking time and the pizza's ordered were both great. We never finished and was offered a box to take it with us.
I was shocked to hear my son say he preferred it over Domino's just round the corner, and I agree. A bit more expensive than domino's, not by much though and I'll happily return.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (404)

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Liked the relaxed family atmosphere
However do not be deceived-quality of the food very good
We really enjoyed the fondue and the sticky chicken noodles-however the jewel in the crown was the apple calzone and ice cream- visits will now centre round this dish
Warning-their pizzas are great but but go opn bread and water before attempting the 14 incher

Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

Lovely Italian restaurant in the heart of Elgin with quality fixtures and fittings. Very busy mid-week, but service was prompt and by lovely staff. My 1st choice was sold out (itwas late), but was still plenty on the menu to temp me, so not an issue. Would definitely recommend for food, ambiance and all round quality.

Reviewed December 23, 2019

This has been my 3rd visit this month and twice I have been served by jonathan. He always has a smile and cannot do enough to help. As I have been out with my three children his approach and helpful attitude has made each experience a pleasure.
Well done scribbles for having fantastic staff which makes solo parent dining a breeze!!

1  Thank Mrsdonaldson2019
Reviewed December 8, 2019

An excellent cafe in the middle of town for small groups and minor committee meetings. Staff are ver helpful.

Date of visit: November 2019