“Absolutely appalling service”

Ranked #9 of 80 Restaurants in Elgin
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

The service and waiting time absolutely terrible. I spoke privately through scribbles Facebook page as I couldn't get a hold off the owner. She did respond basically not believing my complaint. whywould I lie...........no goodwill gesture or invite us back to make amends

1  Thank CSFM7587
Scribbles154, Owner at Scribbles, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Points to make :
1. The owner (ME!) did respond within an hour to the complaint being made, stating that as I was out of the business for a week I would have to get information from the Duty Manager in order to respond fully. I responded fully to the complaint within three hours while on holiday!
2. I checked through our computerised till system the timings of the customer's entire visit from the food order going into the system to payment being made - 63 minutes in total! I passed on detailed information in response to ALL the points that the customer intially brought up in his Facebook message.
3. I stated that the team members on shift, had been spoken with to ensure that the service standard was maintained and should a customer complain while paying that though they were correct in the fact that they couldn't give discounts/take items off bills, that they must get a Manager as it is far easier to deal with any issues face to face (and less likely to get out of hand!).
4. When I recieved a message back stating that my response was not being accepted, and further information was given again in complaint, I asked for Craig F to contact the restaurant directly as I didn't think contact over a social networking site was the correct method of dealing with any sort of complaint, and it would be better to speak with the Manager directly to discuss everything.
5. A full 24 hours prior to this review being publlished (takes 2-3 days for reviews to be published from date written), I emailed Craig F again when I found out he had not been in touch and invited him to accept a voucher as a token of goodwill should he pass on his details to me! I did this without knowing that a defamatory review was being left.
6. I have apologised in every correspondance.
7. We are not perfect, we are human, we do make mistakes but what we aim to achieve is a relaxed, friendly service and great quality, good value food. Yes, sometimes we things may fall short through many varying factors but we will always try to resolve any issues when they are brought up in the appropriate manner and we are given the opportunity.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

A semi regular visitor to Scribbles and usually eat there when back in the local area visiting friends and family.

Scribbles has a very relaxed atmosphere and can be relied on for a well priced lunch. The menu is pretty standard and I don't think it has changed much in the past 10 years but you know what you are getting.

Food is consistently good although nothing too special. Staff tend to be young but always polite and quick to take your order.

Overall a good place for a quick lunch or casual evening meal.

Scribbles154, Owner at Scribbles, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for your review. We do offer a range of menus and though we 'tweak' the menus twice a year for summer trade then again for the winter months, the core dishes do largerly remain a constant. We hope that you will visit again in the future and hopefully, we will have introduced some new items.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

A relaxed restaurant with an extensive and imaginative pizza and hot drinks menu but lacking in atmosphere. Service was polite but impersonal. Aimed to family groups and shoppers and stays open for coffees late into the evening.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Apologies that at the time of your visit that you did not recieve the standard of service that we are so often complimented on. I hope that this will not deter you from coming to our establishment again.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

This place is a gem! The food is fantastic, the service is good and prices reasonable. Every time I'm in here with family or friends we always get really good service. The place is clean and I like the fact you can see the kitchen! Highly reccomend this place!

Thank you for the lovely review. The open kitchen is a bonus as its clear to see that we freshly prepare our meals/pizzas to order. Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My friend and I are regulars at Scribbles. Can honestly say that we've never been disappointed with the food, whether its a snack or meal. The staff are very friendly with a good line of banter and suggestions. You get a choice of window seating or more seclusion at the back. They always seem prepared for parties and set up to suit the occasion. Now they have their loyalty card it's an even better excuse to go there. Cheers.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very lucky to have the team we have!