“Fantastic Food- Needs Atmosphere”

Mansion House Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 80 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The food was faultless, really very good. I felt like we had to whisper as the atmosphere was lacking. Still very much reccomend it! If its food you want in Moray, This is the place!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

A delightful dining experience, a special evening made perfect with beautiful food and the service was excellent. All locally produced food with a great selection on the menu. Will definite be back.

1  Thank KarenMT10
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was shown into the lounge and brought a glass of wine, my order was taken and when my meal was ready I was shown into the dining room, now that is service! The food was delicious and a large helping I had the braised beef and it simply melted in my mouth.
The selection on the menu was good and all local produce. Great value for money too.

1  Thank Margaret G
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This restaurant reception room was very elegant and felt very appropriate for a Mansion house. Also the reception staff was very friendly and eager to please, however the portion sizes where not described or explained when making our orders and my mother got a very large portion and I was given a small portion. This was embarrassing for my mother and left me feeling hungry, however we both agreed the food was very good. I also unfortunately had to wait for sometime for my glass of water to be filled, as it seamed to me that the waitress (who was very loud for the restaurant environment we where in) was more interested in some of the other mature guests that had obviously been there before! I just felt because I was younger and not visited before than the other guests, didn’t deserve as much of there time? This was made better after eating one of the fine deserts. On a whole a nice evening and good food, but not perfect!

1  Thank 722RobertH722
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The service and the food were excellent. Best we have been in for a long time. Staff are a credit to them. Much more expensive restaurants could learn a lot from the Mansion House!

1  Thank scotbon