“Excellent customer service and food”

The Barn Steakhouse & Grill
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Elgin
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scottish, Contemporary, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sit in the quiet seclusion of the countryside and enjoy the relaxed surroundings and ambiance provided in The Barn Steakhouse & Grill at Greenfields. Our evening menu changes every Friday to allow us to use the freshest local produce that is sourced within a 40 mile radius where possible. We are available for hire as a function venue for a number of events events such as... Weddings Christenings Anniversaries Meetings Hen and Stag Parties Whisky Dinners and many more! Our front of house team will make you feel welcome. With our extensive menu, along with Sunday lunches and an extensive bar boasting a collection of over 80 whiskys, we are sure your visit will be the first of many to come...
Reviewed July 20, 2013

First time visit, we went for a late lunch, the place is lovely and airy, modern decoration, very upmarket, clean and tidy loos. Real cutlery with a nice heavy weight to it. The same cannot be said of other restaurants in the Moray area.
My husband had haggis balls as a starter, it was massive and he enjoyed them very much, followed by a Desperate Dan Cow Pie, also enjoyed, he has not eating for the rest of the day. I had prawn cocktail followed by mushroom, butternut squash and onion crepe. I was informed there was no spinach, I asked for cabbage with which it was duly serves and it was delicious. We topped this off with two Cappucinos (and my hsband had a Sheepshagger beer with his meal , I loved the waitress Fiona's reluctance to pronounce the name :))
We'll be back. (And if our grandsons had been there playng from them to play in the massive Playbarn would have been expected, it's not some 'thing' mass produced by a chain it's a private enterprise and it looks exceedingly well maintained.)

1  Thank RosieO060
James R, Manager at The Barn Steakhouse & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Hello there, thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased to hear you had a good meal and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Recently went to a wedding here and had a fantastic time. The venue was lovely and the staff were great. Music was very modern and it place was arranged into a dinning area and a dance area for later in the evening. There was a nice outdoor area for photos and the staff even helped to arrange everyone for a large group photo! The only area what wasn't great was the food. The starter and dessert were wonderful but the main course was a let down. The menus its self was great but the main course was cold and lacked flavour. I had lasagna and it was cold.
Apart from that it was a great place to have a wedding party!

1  Thank Karroo17
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just had scones and coffee and the scones were excellent. Sat outside and very peaceful when we were there.Outside chairs look comfortable but aren't. Opening hours a bit strange. We will definitely go back sometime for a meal.

2  Thank Moravian19
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just got back from an evening meal and the whole night was excellent. The restaurant is tastefully decorated and has a great atmosphere. Service was wonderful, couldn't do enough to help, they even made us a special chocolate dessert. The food was amazing. I can't fault this place we will definitely be returning.

2  Thank 557MrsD
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had a meal booked here for Sunday 24th March. This was supposed to be a special occasion, my husbands 60th birthday lunch with all our family.
We ordered drinks along with our first and second courses. The drinks took forever to come to the table but not as long as the starters. When we thought they were on the way, the soup my husband ordered turned out to be for someone else and taken away again, we really expected great things. The prawns were burnt and the salad had seen better days, much of the lettace was brown with age, the haggis balls also had been in the fryer far too long. We were all so hungry I thought it best to keep silent and say nothing hoping for a better second course. The roastbeef eventually arrived almost 1 hour and 20 minutes are we had sat down, it was cold! Even worse hot lumpy gravy had been poured over it, the veg was cold and the yorkshire pudding was even colder. Two of our party had a cheese burger and it was really hot but the chips served along with it was cold. How can they get skinny chips cold. I know they were busy but that does not excuse poor service. When asked - "How was your meal" I felt I had to tellthe truth. The waitress said she would talk to the manager and away she went. We could see that a conversation was taking place at the bar along with the chef and eventually the bill was presented to us. Our table had not been cleared nor were we offered a sweet. I did notice that compensation had been made and the bill reduced but no sign of an apology from anyone.
It was very much a case of - here's your bill, its been reduced, now get out!

We were a party of nine, including children and it was my husbands 60th birthday. We are local to the barn and had this been a better experience, could have visited again but that has been completely cancelled.

4  Thank heathergMoray