“Lovely friendly hotel.”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Elgin
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly hotel.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

What a great place to stay! I have been fortunate to stay here on a number of occasions whilst in the area on business

The staff are friendly,with nothing a bother. The rooms are fantastic, ask for number 18, the bed is huge and comfy with the room matching the size of the bed! In the morning the breakfast is excellent with a great choice that is cooked to order and served to your table.

Looking forward to my next trip north.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
mstyson, Manager at Mansion House, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent business trip, it's great to hear that you enjoy staying with us time and time again and look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a weekend at this lovely hotel. The hotel unfortunately has work going on at the front this did not however have any effect on our stay. We upgraded to the 'gold room' and were not disappointed it is sumptuous with a 4 poster bed. We had a meal in the restaurant and again this was excellent, the dining room itself is a delight. The breakfasts which are taken in the dining were excellent with a large choice of fresh produce to choose from along with a large Scottish cooked on offer. The staff were very courteous and helpful st all times. Very good value for money and we will return.

• Stayed April 2013
mstyson, Manager at Mansion House, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for all your lovely comments regarding your weekend break. We look forward to seeing you back soon.
edinburgh
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed for one night this week and was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel, it is a large country house on the outskirts of the town. The room was lovely a little suite with a sitting area containing a sofa and a huge TV mounted on the wall, the bed was huge and very comfortable although it was up three steps and was very high, I am a small person so for me that was a bit of a challenge. I used the pool and jacuzzi which was a great bonus after a long day, the decor is a bit tired and there was a lot of peeling paint but that aside it was warm in the water and everything I needed was there.
I enjoyed my meal very much and the staff were delightful, helpful and attentive.
The only problem I had was there was no hairdryer in my room which I probably should have checked for before washing my hair! I did mentiion it to reception so it could just have been an oversight as the hotel was fully booked for a wedding.
Overall I would recommend the Mansion House and I would go back.

Room Tip: Every room is different and as the location is quiet the only thing to be aware of is there is no li...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
mstyson, Manager at Mansion House, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and would like to apologise that you could not find the hairdryer that was in your room, we look forward to the possibility of welcoming you to the hotel in the future.
Helensburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for a joint birthday present. When we drove in we had been warned some work was in progress, the work did not detract from a stunning looking hotel and certainly did not affect the enjoyment we had with our stay! We ate in house the first night which was delightful, we used the Leasure facility's on the second day, although not quite what we had hoped it was going to be, there is a pool, steam room sauna and a jacuzzi which all were working.
All in all from the moment we walked into it to the moment we left, I don't think I have been made to feel more welcome but not over attentive!

• Stayed March 2013
mstyson, Manager at Mansion House, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent short break, it's great to hear that you both enjoyed yourselves and we look forward to your return!
West Yorkshire
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We decided to treat ourselves while visiting family in Elgin. So glad we did. The Mansion House Hotel is probably one of the best hotels we have stayed in. Not just in its class, but better than some 4 & 5 stars we have stayed at.
The staff were excellent. Very friendly and helpful without being overbearing (it always annoys me when staff try 'too hard' and its not genuine).
The room and all the facilities within it were excellent. First class bed!
We had dinner and breakfast. Both were worthy of a 5 star rating.
Well done and a big pat on the back for everyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scotbon
mstyson, Manager at Mansion House, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely and very complimentary review, we are pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Your comments will be passed on to the staff. Thank's again and we hope you will be back soon!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We recently stayed here for the weekend. Our stay was fantastic, the room was comfortable and the staff were very helpful. We ate in the restaurant and the food was beautiful. We would recommend a stay here and will be returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gillian B
mstyson, Manager at Mansion House, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation, we are glad that we made your stay fantastic and look forward to your return.
aberdeen
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is my second visit to this hotel, the first being a weekend with my mum about 6 yrs ago. I'm returning with a friend for a pampering girls weekend staying for 2 nights.

Arrived on the Friday slightly early, but the room was ready so we we given our room key. I was amazed to find it was the same room I stayed in previously with 2x 4 poster single beds, beautiful bathroom with a shower that will blast your skin off and a sink big enough to be a bath.

Staff are friendly and polite. Rooms are cleaned daily. They are warm, comfortable and clean.

Pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi are all brilliant, well maintained and clean.

Breakfast staff were efficient however, I was a little disappointed with the choice for the cooked breakfast as it was either a Full Scottish or Smoked Kippers. However, I asked for scrambled eggs on toast and was told this was not a problem. My ideal breakfast would have been Eggs Benedict though. I have to say the eggs were very over cooked so I was disappointed by this. Full cooked breakfast got full marks.

All in all a great place, would recommend and we will be back again!

It's a shame about the on going external works, this is part of the Flood defence system so is totally out of the hotels control. However, we have not been effected by it at all during our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank K4donna
mstyson, Manager at Mansion House, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Many thanks for your review regarding your recent "Pampering Girls Weekend" It's great to hear that you had a nice time and hope that you may return for your 3rd visit!