“Good Value Budget Break”

Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Elgin
Reviewed January 29, 2009

Booked a 3 night away break through classicbritain.com and got an excellent deal including dinner and breakfast staying in a suite for a total of £248.00. Our suite consisted of a room with a double bed, a good-sized lounge with tv, and a small bathroom with a shower over the bath. The room was nicely decorated and had two good wall heaters with 3 good size windows giving lots of light. Our dinner each night was tasty, consisting of 4 courses and a choice of 3 dishes on each course. You could have items from the a la carte menu at a supplement but this was hugely expensive - an 8oz fillet steak would have cost £21.00 extra! Wine started at £14.95 for a poor quality french. Breakfast was very good, using good qaulity ingredients, cooked to order and served by a nice lady from Chile.
It was great to be able to use the leisure club which was very clean. Generally, the standard of service was inconsistent which did let the hotel down somewhat, eg. we were checked into a dirty room, no hot water one night, three evenings they didn't have the wine I ordered, and no newspapers one morning. Overall however, a pleasant stay and very good value for money.

• Check in / front desk
gm_eightacres, D Macleod Hotel Manager at Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2009

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay with us, I see from your comments both good and bad, my apologies on being given a room that wasn't ready and only hope that your suite made up for our error. Again my apologies with regards to our lack of wines available throughout your stay, my restaurant team have only been together just over a week as needed to improve on standards of service another week or so and we'll be their sorry if this caused you any probelms during your stay with us. Thank you again for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 27, 2009

Just returned from eight acres hotel, had a 2 night stay booked through easybreaks. myself and my boyfriend had a lovely time. The staff and service was excellent as were the meals.

The hotel has obviously been given a make over from the lovely interior furnishing, but still has the appearence of a older hotel. The exterior desperately needs a lick of paint.
Our room on first impression was very small but recently made over. Also the walls are thin and can hear all conversations in the corridor. our room did not had a bath only a shower which was disappointing, although after speaking to other guests their rooms were large and with a bath and no problem with noise so i guess it just the luck of the draw when you book .

Also just an added warning if you are using the female sauna within the leisure facilities, I was happily sat in there at 8am and members of the public who are members use the pool before work. A woman came into the very small sauna area naked, when asked her what she was doing she replied its a nice warm place to get dried, adding that most of the women do this!!!!! Im used to using communial changing areas but not within such close proximity especially whie relaxing in a sauna.

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
gm_eightacres, D Macleod Hotel Manager at Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to review the Eight Acres Hotel. The hotel has been recently refurbished and unfortunately not all our rooms are the same size. I'm glad you made use of our leisure club as it's an ideal place to relax throughout the day, the sauna is not supposed to be natural and will make sure for future that all guests are aware of this my appologies for any discomfort to you. Thank you again for taking the time and reviewing the Eight Acres.

Reviewed January 25, 2009

well what can i say ,couldn't fault it.The staff were all so friendly with wicked sence of humour and plenty to say.I have never felt so relaxed in a hotel situation,it felt personal and fun.The staff took care of our every need and nothing seemed too much trouble.The place was modern and clean,the room slightly on the small side,but the atmosphere created by the staff ment we probably spent more time in the bar than we normally would.FOOD YUM! Every single meal was cooked to perfection, if I could afford it I'd eat like this all the time.I will recomend this place to all i know and hope to come again.If anyone gives this place a bad reveiw it's clear they're not a fun lover.Come here if you like to laugh!!

• Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for making the time and reviewing the hotel your comments are always welcome. You sound like you enjoyed your stay from start to finish which is great to hear about, every comment you've made is music to my ears i'm so glad you enjoyed the whole experience . Thank you again for your wonderful review hope we see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2009

Two couples having a three day break. Hotel is certainly working hard to set a higher standard. Rooms are clean and bathrooms upgraded. Leisure facilities are extensive but would benefit from upgrading. Meals are of high standard and value breaks offered exceptional value.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
gm_eightacres, D Macleod Hotel Manager at Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to review the Eight Acres Hotel, your comments are most welcome and it was good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with, as we've been working very hard to turn this hotel into a Crerar hotel. Thank you again for your kind words we hope you'll return to visit us again in the near future.

D Macleod
Manager

Reviewed January 24, 2009

I booked a room as a surprise for my partners birthday and was definately unimpressed. I arrived early and alone as my partner was being dropped off by his friend, completely unaware we were staying the night. When I went to check in the receptionist was chilly then proceeded to tell me I was to be charged double what I was quoted for a one nights stay when I had called up to book. There was a wedding party at the hotel that night and the staff didnt seem interested in me at al as I wasn't with the wedding. After sorting the details I went to my room to find it very drab for the 80 something I had paid for it. I went down for dinner alone and was given a table right in the center of the open dining room next to a party celebrating a birthday - very daunting. Normally restaurant staff will give you a quiet table at a wall or window when dining alone! The food was mediocore but fairly priced. Breakfast in the morning was good but again the reception staff were unfriendly as we checked out. My recommendations? If travelling alone order room service.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for taking the time to review the Eight Acres Hotel, all comments be it good or bad are very helpful for building a stronger team. My apologies on the way you were greeted and again on your departure this is not our normal attitude that we show our guests this will be addressed. The hotel was recently refurbished in June last year with the exception of our single rooms ( to be done at a later date ) and we get very possitive reviews about them I can only think you got one of our smaller doubles which are equally as nice. I was glad you enjoyed your breakfast with us I know dinner service was very busy for us over the weekend with some large parties in which can make dining daunting as a single person. If this was your first time staying with us i'd recommend you coming back again.

Reviewed January 18, 2009

A great welcome from the friendly staff. The hotel was fairly quiet and I think the New Year break crowd had just left.

Food was good and good quantities with a fair choice (dining room). Lounge area is large and newspapers were available.

Rooms were adequate and very clean, in fact the hygiene standard in the whole hotel was very good.

Dog was made very welcome.

Would I go back- Yes please.

1  Thank gaeltraveller

Thank you for taking the time to review the Eight Acres Hotel. Your comments are greatly accepted with regards to your recent stay with us. I will of course pass your kind words onto my staff. Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel.

Reviewed January 8, 2009

Stayed with friends for 3 nights over Hogmanay / New Year on the special 3 day inclusive deal. We all very much enjoyed our stay and no one had any complaints other than the band on Hogmanay! The Management and Staff were all friendly, helpful & efficient. Food was excellent & plentiful. Bearing in mind the hotel was full, service from all departments was first. class. We all agreed this was excellent value for money and look forward to going back next year.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us over the festive break. Thank you for all your kind words with regards to food, staff and service I will pass your comments onto my staff. The entertainment on Hogmanay was not livley enough for what we were looking for and we will make sure we get this right for 2009/2010 Hogmanay. Thank you again for having the time to review the hotel your comments help us improve on what we do.