we stayed at the Eight Acres for 2 nights, with dinner on the 1st night. The facilites were excellent, with a very comfortable room; bathroom was sparkling.
Dinner was just fantastic; personlly I don't like my lamb quite so pink but it was incredibly tender, flavoursome & a great portion: starters & sweet were also excellent. staff were very helpful. Only comment about the dining room, (which is verry tastefully decorated) is that it could benefit from some background music, as it's VERY quiet & when chat stops (whispers as anyone can hear) one can feel a little awkward about blethering.
Throughout the hotel, all decor is fresh, coordinated & very tasteful. We stayed here a few years ago, & it looks so much fresher since then!!
Breakfast was also lovely, tho no fresh fruit salad was on the buffet. Coffee was tasty.
Spa - pool has a low ceiling, a wee it claustrophobic, & the time I tried, was busy with 'older' swimmers concentrating on their lengths. Pool is a generous size, Sauna was segregated, which is likely safest, but a shame for chatty couples.
Only fly in the ointment for us was .. ... the keys in bedrooms: as most hotels have autolocking doors,, we forgot toturn the key in our door on day 1:
so, relaxing of an afternoon with a bottle of bubbly .. .. as couples do .. .. . we nearly had a heart attack when a lost guest tried his key in our door, thought he'd unlocked it & started to walk in, til he saw the room was occupied. He apologised & disappeared rapido! We hyperventilated !!
So, can I suggest Reception remind guests at checkin about always locking their door manually for their security & safety? It covers us dopey guests!!
Would stay again in a flash.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eight Acres Hotel And Leisure Club
- 8 Acres Hotel & Leisure Club
- Crerar Eight Acres Hotel Leisure
- Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club Elgin, Moray