“warm, friendly and comfy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Mills Garden Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elgin
Old Mills Garden Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 24 Elgin B&B and Inns
bellshill
“warm, friendly and comfy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

stayed with Wendy for two nights whilst I was working up north and I had the double room on the ground floor near the kitchen and dining area. When I arrived I noticed that the house was gorgeous set on a quiet road just off the main road into Elgin, Wendy herself is lovely, warm and friendly who met me at the door and showed me my room which was fantastic, tea and coffee was available whenever I liked, bed was lovely and soft and the shower was fantastic, when I left the next morning I even noticed she had some chickens - the only downside is that reading previous reviews apparently her breakfasts are fantastic and with my working hours I was always away before breakfast started so I blame my company for that but when working up north again I'm going to try and stay with Wendy again - excellent for my entire stay

Room Tip: only seen the one room so they might all be just as nice, I know Wendy's favourite room is the o...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank busterbroon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Wendy has been very busy since my last visit 6 months ago - there is a fantastic new shower in the triple room and the the decoration and furnishing have been updated. Outside the car parking is easier, which is very helpful. What hasn't changed, though, is Wendy's warm welcome & breakfast fit for a King (or Queen). My little princes certainly look forward to staying as Wendy makes a "the best breakfast in the world".
Thank you Wendy, for another fantastic stay - I leave you feeling 100x better than when I arrive, can I book again for May, please?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah B
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night in October, I think, and we selected this establishment because of the reviews here. They were not exaggerated. Wendy, herself, is delightful; very welcoming and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. Everything about this place says ''quality" and I mean everything. From the building and gardens themselves, the internal workmanship and decor throughout and the breakfast - made to order and at a time that was suitable to us. The bedroom wasn't desperately big, but was perfectly adequate with a lot of storage space and as we had free access to the kitchen and dining area to cook, make tea or whatever, we didn't spend any time in there other than to sleep and wash - which is exactly what an en-suite bedroom is for anyway! Having a free rein to use the kitchen meant we were able to make our own evening meal, eat it in comfort, bottle of wine, it was just like being at home - only better! We will definitely return to Old Mill Garden. It was exceptionally clean, wonderfully comfortable, oozed quality, extremely welcoming, delightfully inexpensive. Well done, Wendy.

Room Tip: Ground floor double room with doors out onto decking and garden. Its adjacent to kitchen and dining...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Princeoftheyolkfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Wendy's breakfasts (I was there for 3 days, my longest stay, and I always wish it could be longer) kept me going all day. Wendy's bacon and 'home made' eggs from her hens are superb, and her coffee is delicious. Our room was spotless, comfortable and warm and nothing is too much trouble for our fantastic host. I would never dream of staying anywhere else. Thank you Wendy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sarah B
Laupheim, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wendy is so nice and the B&B is lovely. A very nice garden and the rooms are also very comfortable even they are not huge. The breakfast choice is enormous and it is really tasty. In walking distance to the town center but also very quiet and secluded. We can definitively recommend to stay in this B&B!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anja K
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

really great stay, wendy makes you feel at home, we had the former granny flat attached to the kitchen with patio doors with a few hens and a duck running around the garden which were entertaining.
We were here 2 nights and it was great with fabby breakfasts. We much prefer the personal touch of these wee b & bs than the mundane chain hotels.
You are only 10mins walk away from the town centre but it seems like you are in the country as you are next to a field with friendly horses in it (take some carrots with you).
We will definitely stay here again as we are frequent visitors to elgin and all for £60 a night

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BOBHAM5114
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was my third stay and I have booked in again in August. I didn't think Wendy could improve on her warm and caring welcome and accommodation, but she did. 'My' room - the superb patio room has had a makeover and is even more comfortable. I had a lovely shower when I arrived and when I had finished Wendy had made me a welcoming and very delicious cup of tea - thank you so much Wendy.

Old Mills was as peaceful as ever, yet still as convenient for the many facilities of Elgin. Someone else has written 'home from home' - I completely agree and cannot put this fantastic b&b in better terms. Do stay - it is lovely.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo