“High Tea - very satisfying!”

Laichmoray Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 82 Restaurants in Elgin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant for high tea. It was Saturday and we hadn't booked but they managed to find us a table. Drinks/tea came quickly with toast etc while our orders were freshly cooked. Our meals were delicious, our teapot was refilled, and the scones and cakes were of a high standard. Service was quick and friendly and when I went to pay the lady at the desk was friendly, cheerful and helpful. We had not visited for a while but won't leave so long next time!

1  Thank PaulineT479

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I visited and had their Valentines menu which we didn't particularly enjoy. Having said that the food was presented well and served hot. The service was also excellent. I can't give the place a glowing recommendation, but I will probably end up going back at some point to give it another try.

1  Thank Ray1314
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Our firm had it's Christmas party in 2011 at the Laich and it was very good, food everything no complaints at all, so it was expected to be the same this year. We were 45 mins late in getting seated to eat, the food was served and it was awful. Only 2 people I could see, actually ate their meals in full. The "pate" was more like watery mulched tuna. The turkey dinner was almost of the quality you could buy in asda as a frozen meal. My friend had the beef salad and she hardly touched any of it. The beef was thick, dry and leathery and most of the accompanying salad (although plentiful) was soggy and musty tasting. The sweets were the only thing that were finished by most people, myself included. I had heard that the food at the Laich wasn't as good this year from friends, but I didn't expect the very poor quality served last night. I won't bother with the staff do next year unless KFC is the venue.

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I came here for a family lunch last month after some recommendations from friends and I must say I wasn't disappointed. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was great! If I could add a criticism it would be that the food comes out too hot... Although, I'd much rather sit while it cools for a few minutes than have to send something back to reheated. The food was fantastic. For 7 of us to have food and drinks the bill came to around £120 which we thought was great. Especially as there were bottles of wine added. I'm not sure if they forgot to add the drinks we had through in the bar on before they moved us to the dining room though.
I'd certainly return for lunch or dinner here again and I know everyone I was with on this visit would too.
I know people who have had their wedding receptions here too and have said they couldn't fault it but in the function suite the drinks as expensive and it's very much in the need of an update!

1  Thank SN4321
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The food here is terrible the food is more like school dinners and costly. I would not recommend this place at all . The staff were very ignorant and unhelpful. I had the Sunday roast and the Yorkshire pudding I'm sure was a frozen factory made one the meat was tasteless and the gravy watery . It really did look like a school dinner. My hubby had a salad and the coleslaw had all black bits of cabbage in it ?? Avoid this place and go across the road to the royal as its a lot better food !