“Perfect mix of homelieness and luxury”
Review of The Lodge Elgin

The Lodge Elgin
Ranked #6 of 22 Elgin B&B and Inns
Barcelona, Spain
“Perfect mix of homelieness and luxury”
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Having never reviewed a hotel before, I feel that I need to recommend this delightful place. My husband and myself stayed in October as part of our honeymoon travels, and I must say that we were extremely impressed!

When we arrived we were struck by how nicely situated the house was in lovely gardens. The owner, Marilyn, was very helpful in recommending resturants and taxi firms and was generally friendly. Even congratulated us on the wedding!

The room was large, warm, spacious, deep carpets and fluffy towels - scottish chic. But the best part was the breakfasts! The Lodge Special was to die for! We even got to sit in the turret. Lovely feeling of sitting in a castle!

Would return in a flash to this hotel - the best of our travels.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BarcelonaLife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
los angeles, ca
Reviewed October 21, 2010

My husband and I are not really B and B people, but we had a lovely night stay here, and wish we would have made this our base for touring Speyside instead of the hotel we stayed at in Aberlour.

I picked it for the reasonable rate and location within walking distance of the train station. We were in a lovely room on the 2nd floor which was a good size, had a comfortable bed, and a decent (though instant electric) shower. Breakfast was tasty.

The proprietress was extremely helpful in advance of our stay, just really going above and beyond helping us with some arrangements we were struggling with. Unlike other places we stayed in Scotland, there wasn't always someone around, so there were some questions that went unanswered and things we muddled through on our own. But that might have been due to the proprietress being on a mini-break.

You can walk to the town center, the cathedral, and Johnston's. Although some of it is a longer walk. We highly recommend Ashvale Fish House for lunch or dinner. The meal we had there was second only to Three Chimney's on Skye, and a fraction of the cost.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Lysaker, Norway
Reviewed October 2, 2010

The breakfast itself more value than the rate..
Facilities up to expectations. Hosts (mrs and mr)
helpful and very friendly - came up to our rooms
just to tell; taxi is waiting. Clean and tidy. Quiet
neighbourhood but close walking distance to the
center. If returning to Elgin - we know where we will stay.
Best 50 years celebration my nephew ever had..

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We had an excellent short break at this hotel and will certainly return.
The owners gave us a warm welcome and made us feel at home. The room was spacious, well presented and clean. Although summer, the weather was a bit chilly but the room was lovely and cosy as the heating was on - not something all B&Bs do in summer!
The bed was comfortable with fresh cotton sheets and good pillows and we had a good nights sleep.
In the morning we had a delicious breakfast with top quality local produce. There was a great selection of fresh fruit, cereals, etc and a choice of hot food including fish as well as the traditional options. The bacon was particularly delicious!
Walking distance from the centre.
Very good value for money!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2010

My grandson and I stayed for a week and could easily and happily stayed for longer, judging from breakfast I just wish that they still did dinner as well! I personally appreciated the range of fresh fruit offered but everything we had was freshly cooked and perfect.Try the Buckie kippers! The room was spacious ,comfortable and spotlessly clean ,the shower room had everything you could need for a longer stay and the house is in a lovely area which is also convenient for the town itself.We had an absolutely lovely stay and would recommend this B&B to anyone.My 13 year old grandson also appreciated the Wi-Fi

• Stayed August 2010
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Have been staying at the Lodge B&B for a few times a year for 2 years, always in the same room - used to stay at Burnside B&B but believe this was sold. Owners lovely and breakfasts scrumptious, Bed very comfortable. The only drawback is the bathroom, the water seems to dribble out the shower. The Lodge is perfect for my needs when visiting children at boarding school.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
California U.S.A.
Reviewed January 3, 2010

actually I was there twice, first time was Sept-Oct of 2006 (didn't give that option on dropdown :) ) second time was April 16 2007, among other reasons i was there to take flowers to the clan stones at Culloden. Coming back to the Lodge was like being home again. I missed breakfast (magnificent breakfasts!! ) several times because i just wanted to snuggle down in that bed forever! Always fresh roses, everywhere. Beautiful sitting room with comfortable couches ( i know, i had to sleep on one when i locked my keys in room late at night! ) Lovely lawns and flowers everywhere, but the very best part, other than the price, were the wonderful people whose b&b it is! I think of the Lodge and Scotland all the time, and wonder if I will ever be there again. ....AND Elgin rocks!!!!!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled solo