“Surprise, surprise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Qismat

Qismat
Ranked #8 of 77 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: Pakistani, Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Qismat is a busy licensed Indian restaurant, popular with locals and visitors to the area. Offering a wide choice of dishes, mainly curries and tandoori dishes, but also much more. We also have a special 3 course lunchtime menu available. Every Mondays we have a buffet available with 8 starters, 12 main courses and various desserts. We have been consistently serving freshly prepared food for 30 years, with a consistently high turnover of covers
Elgin, United Kingdom
“Surprise, surprise.”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Right out of the blue my daughter said "I fancy an Indian. Would you like one as well?" How could I refuse? Next question was, "what night is their buffet night?" Googled them and lo and behold they are on facebook. Obviously ask the question on fb and see what happens. Straight away I get the answer. and it was the same night. Booked the table and had one of the best restaurant meals ever. Next time I will book further ahead so I can enjoy longer anticipation.

• Visited July 2013

“Wow”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had an amazing night with my partner at Qismat , the staff are really friendly the atmosphere was calm and soothing. The meal was great had no problems, my nan bread wad really big so it was enough for both of us. I would highly recommend this restaurant .

• Visited July 2013
Qismat_Management, General Manager at Qismat, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to left a review. Look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“worse nan bread ever”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

my wife recommended this place and i agreed to go as elgin to me sucks on the eating out stakes. We had poppadoms to start, plenty of them but i mistakenly had some lime pickle, wow, it blew my head off and my mouth was on fire for the rest of the night.
I ordered chicen balti for the main with keema nan to go with it. The balti was very spicy but thats ok, the nan was a disaster, supposed to be minced beef in it but what i got was a congealed mess, i totally did not enjoy my meal made worse with a couple of drunken females getting all the attention from the staff. My wife enjoyed her meal hence the 3 rating and not a lower rating, I will not be back

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank BOBHAM5114
Qismat_Management, General Manager at Qismat, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your nan bread on this occasion, If we ever fail to live up to expectations and any dish ordered does not meet personal tastes then please bring this up with our friendly waiters once they come to ask you if you are enjoying your meal and we will try to resolve any issues to everyone's satisfaction
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Indian Cusine”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were visiting friends in Elgin for a weekend and were treated to this fantastic Indian restaurant. Service is impeccable, were spoken and treated to like we were old friends of the family. as there is a real family feel about the place. Had a salmon tikka for my starter was divine. Followed by the recommendation from waiter of Chicken Karahi -Desi style which was described as a more authentic dish. This was soo good that I ordererd another portion to take back home. Probably one of the best meals out I have ever had.

• Visited May 2013
glasgow
“no real flavour”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

nice people, standard, pleasant restaurant, FABULOUS nan bread, excellent chapatti....just nothing else tasted worth eating much of.
One dish was very bland and tasteless, another was very vinegary and the third veg dish was awful - possibly out of a tin and very poorly 'jazzed up'?
We yearn for a decent Indian or Chinese in the North East and wish somebody GOOD would have the gumption to open one up - for goodness sake every eldest son on an Aberdeenshire farm worked as a tea planter in the sub continent between his degree in Agriculture and his Dad retiring - we do KNOW our food here!

• Visited May 2013
Qismat_Management, Manager at Qismat, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Apologies that you did not enjoy your meal on this occasion but thank you for the very positive remarks regarding our nan bread and chapatti. If we ever fail to live up to expectations and any dish ordered does not meet personal tastes then please bring this up with our friendly team members and we will try to resolve any issues to everyones satisfaction, this can be done quite privately during the check back during your meal. A complaint does not need to be a confrontational event but means that we get the opportunity to resolve issues.