“We found this restaurant by chance, driving out of Elgin towards Inverness. It was a great find.”
Review of Calum’s kitchen

Calum’s kitchen
Ranked #1 of 18 Coffee & Tea in Moray
Description: Calum’s kitchen is located 4 miles west of elgin. Nestled in the heart of Alves We serve breakfast, lunch, homebakes, and great coffee
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The restaurant was a real treat. The staff was extremely helpful and the food was as good as it gets. The owner/Chef, Calum stopped by out table and spent 10 minutes talking with us about his restaurant and menu items. He was an extremely welcoming fellow and treated us to his "sweet of the day" cinnamon buns. They were outstanding. He told us he makes a featured dessert based on The Great British Bake Off item of the week.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (74)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Finally managed to get here for lunch today and it didn't disappoint! The roast beef Yorkshire pudding wrap was to die for!!!!!! And my son rates the strawberry milkshake a 10/10 (massive milkshake critic lol)! Everything was spot on from the friendly staff, great service and tasty food, can't wait to get back again to try the breakfast lol

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I went to Calum’s for lunch. We were met by Calum himself and he quickly ran through his amazing menu - we chose from the ‘specials’ board. The food was served quickly and was just perfect - so much so that we went back the next day!
Excellent food, friendly and attentive staff and to top it off Calum’s is dog friendly!
To sum it up, if you’re in the area Calum’s is a must!

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

I went here with my son for a spot of lunch. We were shown our seats quickly, and our order was taken in a good time. The decor was lovely, and it was very clean. The special board was a bit difficult to read due to people being seated there, but it wasn't a problem.
My son asked for the smoked salmon sandwich, and I ordered the bacon, brie and cranberry panini. I had asked for all the fat to be cut off the bacon, which it was.
My sons sandwich (according to him) was absolutely delicious, and I have to say, so was mine. The coleslaw was absolutely divine. The waitress did try to take my plate when I was still eating, but that really wasn't a problem. But what topped everything off was how friendly the staff was, especially the male who decided to gently rib me and my son. We were in stitches with him. So friendly, and you are made to feel like he's known you for years. If this guy isn't the manager, he should be.
Well worth a visit. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

Went to Calums for breakfast today. Lovely welcome from staff and Calum himself. I had the wee breakfast and hubby had the full. Absolutely brilliant, so tasty and piping hot.
Home made cakes and ice cream looked amazing too.
Great food, great service and lovely helpful staff. Highly recommend. Will definitely be going again.