I have stayed at Premier Inns before and they are very consistent with price, value and the room furnishings. Location is something that is not always high on the list and quite right... They cater for short stays and do it well.
I arrived on the last day of November and stayed here for one night to break up a long journey up to the Isle of Skye. The reception was the usual good standard and the view of the Clyde was very nice.... If you don't want a car park view then be sure to ask in advance and not when you arrive as the computer allocates and no doubt takes into consideration things we never think of.
The great thing about Premier Inn is the rooms... They have wonderful big comfy beds with a choice of pillows and blackout curtains for a good sleep.
The restaurant is next door and it's a lively bar well furnished and welcoming. The beer was good and the food was just average and priced accordingly.... The buffet evening meals could be okay if you catch them at the right time otherwise get something off the menus.
Breakfast was better and help yourself to as much as you want. A lovely view of the Clyde and a hearty breakfast after a good sleep tipped this from average to good, but not four star very good.
Not much to do in the area other than go into town for some shopping... A walk along the 'promenade' at the back of the hotel gives you an appetite.
So... Good place for an overnight stay or two at a trusted brand hotel... You won't go far wrong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy views across the Firth of Clyde from this dockside spot, five minutes from Greenock Central ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Greenock Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Greenock Hotel Greenock
- Greenock Premier Inn
- Premier Inn Greenock Hotel Scotland