All reviews afternoon tea lovely hotel cocktail bar wedding reception staff were all very helpful main building west end small hotel easy parking two nights food was lovely walk in shower buffet style car park an overnight stay town centre bacon
Selected filters
Reviewed April 10, 2018

I didn't stay unfortunately, but attended a function with some history attached to the hotel. We had our wedding reception there as well as attending functions over the years. The set up, food and staff attending to our needs at the Kincaid Reunion were excellent, both efficient and friendly. Next time I am "home", I must seriously consider a stay over. It is beautiful, and plenty parking.

Room tip: sadly I did not stay.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Great for parties as I went to a christening and communion here. great accesibility for wheelchairs . family stayed here when arriving from england. lovely food as well as the great service. extremely clean is also a bonus

Room tip: for accesible access go to back door. ie. wheelchair/crutches
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank reviewgirl439
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Having received such a poor service at another Greenock hotel for a funeral wake, I thought it only right to commend the Tontine hotel.

I have been to several wakes at the Tontine, the most recent was only last week.

There is someone to greet you and direct you to the relevant hall and tells you where the toilets are. On arrival in the hall you are welcomed with a soft drinks, wine or beer. There is always a reserved table for the main funeral party.

There is tea and coffee and on the tables, cake stands and sandwiches, which are plentiful.

All of the above is ready and waiting even if you arrive earlier than it was booked for.

Sausage rolls are brought out shortly after everyone has arrived. Tea and coffee is replenished often. They will make a separate sandwich platter with alternative desserts if you have allergies which is served within 10minutes, even if it wasn’t originally booked - just ask.

The staff are attentive, look smart and you are not rushed in any way. You can move to their other bars if you wish to stay longer than the hall is booked for. They cater for small/large functions and everyone is seated in the same hall and not separated, unlike some other hotels/function suites in the area.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 426lindsaym
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

What’s not to like! Very friendly staff, good sized rooms with the largest and most comfortable bed ever! The bathroom was spotless and well equipped. I’m easily pleased as long as it’s clean but I honestly could not fault this place.
There is a disabled lift from the main floor down to one level of bedrooms but the steps from the pavement up to the front door may be an issue for some unless there is another entrance I didn’t see.
The main dining room is huge and even has a minstrel gallery and stunning views.
I try to be honest and fair in my reviews and I couldn’t find any negatives for this one!
Well done guys!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2018

I have stayed at the Tontine Hotel on several occasions. Being a business traveller, I have found this hotel to be an excellent value for my Money. A clean room has always been a priority for me and they have never let me down. The bathrooms have all been refurbished to a high standard. The memory foam bed was new and comfortable. Not to be all one-sided ; the wallpaper, lighting and windows are all a bit dated. But clean sheets and towel made up for it.
I don’t normally criticize other feedback. The snow storm last weekend made the hotel extremely busy, they are a small hotel and I am sure they did the best they could with the small staff they had. I have been greeted by the manager Victoria on a few occasions. But I am sure the manager had been working 48 hours non-stop and was extremely tired for some niceties (however, I am sure some people do not agree with my excuse for her).
Breakfast was good. Also had dinner there a few weeks ago, it was also good.
Final comment, paid for 3 star, not a 5 star hotel, not a 5 star restaurant, got excellent value for my hard earned money. Definitely worth many repeat stays.

Room tip: The Premier rooms are larger and have the nice high ceilings if you plan to spend time in your room working/playing, worth the extra £20.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business