“Well located for Cruise Terminal.”

Holiday Inn Express Greenock
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenock
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Well up to, possibly exceeding, the usual and well known Holiday Inn Express standard. However receptionist (Sharon) was exceptional, personable and very efficient including remembering details a day later
Very good location for the Greenock Cruise Terminal - short taxi journey.
Excellent park and cruise package.
Useful to identify whereabouts on Google Earth as the hotel entrance is not signposted from the road and difficult to spot if approaching from the east (as most guests would be). We saw several cars having to turn around for the entrance. There is plenty of scope for a roadside sign but until then at the roundabout it shares an entrance with EE who do have a sign

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2014

Good Day
Thank you for your positive feedback and the nice comments you have taken the time to post. It is always great to get this type of feedback. I will ensure that I pass your comments onto the team.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My first visit to this hotel as I normally stay in another one close by, it was a really good experience.

Both the reception and bar areas were clean, well lit and well presented on arrival, and was checked in quickly and efficiently. The room and bathroom were very clean throughout with no housekeeping problems.

The bed was really comfortable, had a really good nights sleep

There is food is available in the bar area where there is a reasonable choice available. The meat balls were lovely, there is an Indian restaurant/takeaway is nearby and is advertised in the foyer whilst the staff were heavily recommending this to another guest when they enquired about places to eat in town.

Breakfast in the morning is the usual Holiday Inn Express offering with a decent choice if continental items and the three hot items (Scrambled eggs, sausages and beans).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Garry S

Reviewed July 1, 2014

my wife and i arrived at this hotel around 2.30am completely shattered due, to a family emergency.29/06/2014. the lady on night shift reception was superb, she sat us down with a cup of coffee, n even went to the bother of making us some toast. Our daughter had become seriously ill and had to go into inverclyde hospital. we came here to be close to her. The hotel is spotless, the staff all pleasant, the rooms are very comfortable, and the location is perfect for M8, or going to Largs etc. the value for money is terrific, easily the best we have come across. give yourself a treat and stopover here when possible.

Room Tip: we been in three different rooms, all good!!!!!! its a busy hotel, better to book it early to avoid...

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We usually stay at a rival hotel at the other end of town and in this case had booked 3 nights to return there but with free cancellation.The holiday inn advertised a special rate so thought we would try that,BIG MISTAKE!! The first night was fine then the problems started.People across the hall and next door yelling out loud and constant banging doors,talking on mobile phone in the hall outside our door.This was in the earlier part of the evening so we thought that would be it but they went out and came back late,same thing and woke us up.The 5.45 am shouting and knocking on the door next to us.We did not ring down but approached the desk at breakfast and the three ladies behind the desk just stared at me when I said we have one more night and I hope this does not happen again.Final night we were awakened at 2.45 am by someone impatiently trying to open our door until my husband yelled and the voice yelled sorry wrong room.Ten minutes later this person is back and spent 5 minutes knocking on the room next door and then again later.I rang reception and they said they would deal with it.We heard nothing further and I mentioned the events on checking out but all we received was a very abrupt sorry.Lesson learned,better to stick with what you know,would not stay again.Rooms were ok,staff ok but bad experience,no sleep.Residents should be given some rules of behaviour,total disregard for other people that have paid to stay.

Room Tip: ask for one without noisy neighbours
1  Thank rogandjo2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear rogandjo2,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am glad to hear that you found our room and staff commendable. On the other hand, I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the noise challenge may have caused you. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I had to stay in a local hotel due to a house fire and went to another local hotel and was quizzed by staff for the smell of smoke in our room as all I had to were was the clothes we stood in I tried explaining this to staff to no avail so we left and went to holiday express and the staff were helpful and understanding until we got some clothes bought and handed in to hotel. The staff were great and done all they could to make our stay more comfortable. Excellent service from everyone from cleaners to reception staff and manager. Thank you all

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We attended a wedding in Greenock and although we stay relatively close to Greenock we decided to treat ourselves to an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Express and we are glad we did.
The staff were fantastic and the rooms were of a very good standard.
The breakfast was piping hot which was surprising for a self service buffet.
We can thoroughly recommend this hotel
Handy for a walk along the sea front

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel very peaceful and quiet

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had to visit my family due to bereivment and stayed at the holiday inn express the hotel was lovely and staff very pleasant to me and my wife I would recommend this hotel to my friends and I will certainly go back again

Room Tip: All rooms are of high standard
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank joseph h

Mr Colin Moore

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenock
Premier Inn Greenock Hotel
The Spinnaker Hotel
The Spinnaker Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gourock
Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenock? Share your experiences!