“No problems, nice stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenock
jak717
“No problems, nice stay”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights for a work trip. Location was ideal as our company is right next door.
Stayed in a double room. Nice comfy bed with a choice of soft or firm pillows. I chose firm which were great. Plenty of drawer and hanging space for clothes. Several plug sockets for charging mobiles, laptops etc. Good full length mirror in bedroom too.
TV had channels 1-5 plus sky one and several news channels. There was also pay per view movies but not sure how many as didn't use this.
Bathroom didn't have a bath but a large walk in shower which was very good.
Room was very clean throughout on arrival and was cleaned to a high standard each day with bedding changed and towels changed each day too.
I ate at the hotel each night. The menu is pretty limited in choice but decent quality - although pricey for what it was. If the company wasn't paying I would have maybe thought of eating elsewhere. Saying that I did enjoy the meals I had. Only one complaint was that 1 choice on the menu (which happened to be my favourite meal anywhere) was not available any night!
Staff were friendly and pleasant throughout the stay. I asked for thugs like fresh milk each day for tea in my room which I was provided with, with no problems.
I had breakfast each morning (which I believe is included free) which I enjoyed. The cooked option is limited to sausage, scrambled eggs and beans. Bacon and tomatoes would be a nice addition. There was a selection of pastries, toast, cereals, fruit and yoghurt. As well as hot drinks and fruit juice.
I would definitely return here of coming here on business again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank jak717
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Good Day
Thank you for your positive feedback and the nice comments you have taken the time to post. It is always great to get this type of feedback. I will ensure that I pass your comments onto the team.

Mr Colin Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
Scotland
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express due to having a family member in hospital nearby and needing a room for the night. As it was a last-minute booking we didn’t have a lot of alternatives to choose from. The hotel only had a smoking room available which, to be honest, was grim. The whole corridor stank of stale smoke and the room smelt worse. The room was also not clean – with dirt on the carpets and hairs in the sink. Not nice. We didn’t sleep well due to inconsiderate people slamming their doors after returning from the hotel bar, but I suppose we can’t blame that on Management. What really annoyed me was housekeeping knocking on our door at 9am to see if they could clean our room. They should leave people alone until they leave on their own accord. Having been woken up prematurely we decided to try the breakfast. This was really poor quality and many of the hot items had run out.

All in all I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The price that we paid for the room did not equate to the level of service or experience that we encountered. I also found it odd that we should have to leave a £20 deposit when we checked in. Having already paid for the room in full on arrival (in cash) it seems like a strange policy for Holiday Inn Express to have adopted here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear FuriousdScotland,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

I am sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret the issues you encountered with the room you received. I have taken note of your comments and shared these with our management team for review.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in August and enjoyed the visit. The hotel was easy to locate and is only a five minute drive from the town centre whilst there is plenty of parking available on site. Checking in was straight forward and I was given clear directions to my room along with a welcome letter.

The room was the standard HIEX design and was older than the ones displayed in the professional photos. Perhaps a refurbishment was taking place and they had not reached my room yet, I'm not sure however it was clean and in a good condition with no maintenance issues.

I found the bed to be comfortable and there were no disruptions during the night.

Dinner was available in the evenings and there was a reasonably good choice available on the menu, however it did appear quite expensive for what was on offer although it was freshly prepared and tasted very nice. Breakfast in the morning was the typical HIEX affair and was nothing to write home about whilst the bread appeared to take an age to toast.

Checking out in the morning was straightforward and I was thanked for visiting as I left.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris M

Bettyhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We travelled to Greenock as we were visiting the 2013 boat show at Inverkip - just a few miles away. We stayed at the HIE as it was the only place we could find that accepted dogs. It was ideal - comfortable, as expected, bedroom and bathroom. Buffet style breakfast. The bar is very atmosphereless but this isn't the purpose of the hotel. They accepted our dog with no fuss - AND we weren't sent to the typical dingy room where they usually put dogs and their owners, we were treated like everyone else. The staff were very nice and welcoming, they helped us plan where to eat on both evenings. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for two nights first impressions werent great not good customer service then we went up to our room there was a stronge smell of urine from the bathroom and when I looked at the toilet seat there was urine all over it and when I went to sleep that night there was a small blood stain on the bed linen the next day I went to have a shower and every towel was covered in someone elses hair, tv wasnt great would have had a widerrange of channels at home I would have rather stayed at a travel lodge. The good parts were comfortable bed a choice of pillows, tea and coffee refreshments breakfast was great as they serve til 11 which means you dont have to be up at the crack of dawn and free wifi and parking was a great extra.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Good Day
I am sorry to see that the hotel did not live up to your expectations on this occasion.

We strive to ensure that we deliver a great guest experience and that we use the feedback from guest as a learning tool as we strive to ensure customer satisfaction.

Thank you for giving us your feedback and for taking the time to do so, We will learn for your feedback and ensure that all aspects of your feedback are addressed and improved.

As we strive to achieve a continued cycle of improvements that guest feedback allows us to achieve

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We only stayed here overnight as we had a wedding, however we almost thought it was a shame we were only staying for one night as the service and room quality was of a very high standard! We were politely greeted upon arrival and checking in was very fast and easy. The staff were helpful and did not keep us too long. The room was a decent size, very spacious and modern. We were extremely impressed and would highly recommend staying here. If we were to visit Greenock again we would most definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express again, great value for money!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank simma10

Amersham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

we had an overnite staff food was good staff were friendly and very helpful hotel was sited near the town and we had easy access to the motorways rooms were clean and fresh a real credit to the staff breakfast was very good in the morning

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bill l

Regards and Thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenock
Premier Inn Greenock Hotel
The Spinnaker Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gourock
Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf
Cameron House on Loch Lomond

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenock? Share your experiences!