“Very uncomfortable bed.”

Holiday Inn Express Greenock
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenock
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Booked this room to stay after a friend's wedding. Room was fine, bed uncomfortable and breakfast just ok. No frills here. Rooms were clean and car parking right outside of main foyer. However, price was very good and very friendly staff were helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Sharon O,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced because of the room conditions. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Comments from Participants on the day.

Hotel was great location. Staff friendly and helpful.
Excellent central location
Clean facilities
Calm environment and good food and drinks
Hotel facilities and food were great
Hotel food was good.
Clean and well air conditions
Hotel facilities were excellent

Room Tip: Non Applicable
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Good Day

Thank you for your positive feedback and the nice comments you have taken the time to post. It is always great to get this type of feedback. I will ensure that I pass your comments onto the team.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is our third stay here and , as always, the staff are pleasant, the room was clean, warm and comfortable. We ate in at night as we were too tired to venture any further but the menu was a little disappointing. What we did have was tasty and freshly cooked. Breakfast is the usual HI Express fare but adequate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Margaret D

Reviewed March 9, 2013

An overnight stay as we were attending a surprise 60th party in in Greenock this hotel was ideal £44 for room and breakfast,£4:00 for a taxi to venue.
Perfect! Close enough to walk into town and promenade before heading home. Staff very helpful

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Although finding the hotel from the train station was a bit of a challange as there are no signposts I did manage to get there after a short walk.

Clean and tidy hotel - pleased with the room although as I had a rear facing room the views overlooking the Air Con units and kitchen fans which made it noisy.

Staff were the best part of the hotel. Couldnt go out of their way enough to help. I asked for a phone charger and the three staff on the desk jumped into action to find me one, even calling the nearest local tesco and offering to call a taxi to go get me one. Brilliant service.

Had dinner - heated up frozen fish and chips and a pint £12 - very hefty for poor quality and breakfast wasnt up to much either.

Only stayed one night travelling through on business so cant fault it for that.

Room Tip: If possible get one overlooking the enterance to avoid noise from vans/vents and kitchens.
1  Thank JEHighland

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here on 25th Feb as I was working in Greenock the next day and it was the closest hotel to the venue I was going to. The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming and the reception area was nice and clean. As I entered my bedroom I was hit by a foul sickly smell, but I was tired having been driving for a total of six hours, so I just wanted to get into bed. Upon close inspection of the bed, I found the blue throw was covered in skin flakes, I threw it on the floor in disgust and as I looked down at the carpet I discovered more skin flakes! Mountains of them! The carpet had not been hoovered, and the bedside cabinets were even worse, so I decided to check out the bathroom which just tipped me right over the edge! The shower was dirty and covered in pubic hair, the toilet was covered with urine stains and the rest I'll leave to your imagination. Needless to say, I didn't unpack my bag and got straight on the phone to reception. The receptionist came straight up to the room (nice Spanish girl) and agreed with me that the room was filthy, she very quickly allocated another room which was clean. The bathroom was also clean however there was no hand soap at the basin. By this time I really didn't want to start asking her to come back and re fill the soap container!! Breakfast the next morning was abismal, the sausages were pink inside, the scrambled egg which had probably been there a couple of hours resembled one of Ghandi's flip flops and the toaster took 8 minutes to slightly grill the bread. The breakfast table was also dirty and I had to clean the crumbs away myself before I could even contemplate sitting at it to eat. I am very disappointed and would not stay at a Holiday Inn again.

1  Thank Sofia12Littleborough

Good Day

I am really sorry to see that the hotel did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. We strive to ensure that we deliver a great guest experience and that we use the feedback from guest as a learning tool as we strive to ensure customer satisfaction.

Thank you for giving us your feedback and for taking the time to do so, We will learn for your feedback and ensure that all aspects of your feedback are addressed and improved. As we strive to achieve a continued cycle of improvements that guest feedback allows us to achieve.

I can assure you that we will do all we can to ensure this level of poor service and experience is not repeated at our hotel.

You will see from other feedback and reveiws posted on Trip Advisor that this is not the type of service or guest experience that at the Holiday Inn Express, normally deliver.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed overnight.
Very average but staff were friendly and polite.
Didn't really enjoy breakfast, very mechanical and minimalistic.
If you want an overnight without frills in a place that is clean and functional then this is OK.
Reasonable price.

Mr Colin Moore

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenock
Premier Inn Greenock Hotel
The Spinnaker Hotel
The Spinnaker Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gourock
Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenock? Share your experiences!