“All good nothing bad but nothing remarkable” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Greenock

Holiday Inn Express Greenock
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenock
northampton
“All good nothing bad but nothing remarkable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Another typical holiday. Inn express. Very friendly staff, rooms fine, nice bar/dining area.

Farly short walk into town if you want something other than the limited menu on offer at the hotel.

Good breakfast as usual and would stay again when next in the Greenock area ( this was my forth or fifth stay).

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Good Day
Thank you for your positive feedback and the nice comments you have taken the time to post. It is always great to get this type of feedback. I will ensure that I pass your comments onto the team.

Regards and Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
Nottinghamshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Please dont be under any illusions. Hotels, like life, you get what you put in. This is ideally placed if you are travelling 30miles vicinity. Check in quick..room standard...food edible. Old tv's though...wifi in reception...not in rooms thats wired. Breakfast is standard HE fayre. Shower hot bed ok.....all in all I expected what I got.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Guiltybear

inverkip
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

wriring this review as stayed in the holiday inn express this month when travelling with friends we stayed in two rooms the staff where so helpful and the manager colin was superb when asked questions of things to do and places to visit he was very friendly the night staff with a girl called sharon was very attentive and so friendly nothing was a problem even when we asked for extra pillows there was another sweet girl natasha who was friendly and had great work experience for a young girl i would recommend this hotel rooms are great and staff friendly

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mary i

Bangor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Let us check in earlier without any extra fee.
Rooms were simple and comfortable.
Only problems we had was that it was too warm at night and we had too open windows. Also seen a cigarette butt on the window ledge of our room.

• Stayed January 2013

lancashire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

we arrived for a weekend stay and on arriving at reception we were very warmly and also given a menu if we wanted to have a meal in the hotel as it was getting on in the day we decided to eat in this proved to be a big mistake the fish had to be sent back as it was dry So we ordered a lasagne as mine was ok but I asked could mine be kept warm so that we could eat together well when I got mine back the salad had been kept under the warming lights so they were all shrivelled up - went to bed not very happy but it was a very friendly bed we kept rolling into the middle,then the worst experiance of the stay was breakfast we came down around 8.45 and all the hot food was dry and crusty it was totaly uneadable - this then became a complaint to reception who said what do you expect its a reduced service at no time had we been informed of the the complaint went to the manager who rembursed us for the evening meal so on the whole i would say after writing to the head office before i have written this report and all they say is thank you for informing us - no rembursment has been given for our stay

Room Tip: ground floor has been referbished
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wyndil
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Good Day

This is the response that I forwarded to the guest directly as you will see from the information below the guest was not charged for any of his food on this occasion. as compensation for his disappointment

My name is Mr Colin Moore; I am the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express, Greenock. Please allow me to begin with a sincere apology that we failed to live up to your expectation on your recent visit at the Holiday Inn Express, Greenock.
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay and experience. At the holiday Inn Express, Greenock we strive to ensure that the guest stay is an enjoyable stay.
After speaking to the staff and team involved during your stay I have passed on your feedback to the team to assist us in our ongoing learning process to deliver excellence at every opportunity.
I was disappointed to hear your feedback regarding your food experience at the hotel. Again we will look at this feedback and see if there is any improvements that can be made to ensure satisfaction in the product or service, on this occasion regarding your fish.
From the hotel perspective when we receive your comments regarding your food, we took this away and offered you an alternative, which I believe was the Lasagne, After feedback from the staff on shift, I believe this was satisfactory and no further negative feedback given from you or your wife regarding the food, Until your were checking out of the hotel.
On checking out and receiving your comments the duty manager refunded all of your food cost from your bill.
Your feedback regarding breakfast have been passed on, Let me assure you that I take all concerns seriously and learn from the feedback that guest such as yourself are willing to give, this allows us to learn and progress and further develop our customer and guest satisfaction experience.
I was surprised to hear your feedback regarding your bed in room 001, as this has recently been refurbished and the bed is not yet six months old. However I will ensure this is looked at and monitored for further feedback as this is the first time I have received negative feedback regarding the beds or indeed any of the newly refurbished bedrooms.
The service and customer care feedback will be investigated and learned from to ensure we continue with improvements in all areas of customer experiences at the Holiday Inn Express, Greenock.
My sincere apologises that on this occasion we did not live up to your expectations. Please be assured that the hotel and the team will take some learning from this and assist us in the continuous cycle of improvements that we strive towards.

Regards
Mr Colin Moore
Burnley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My first stay even though we have relatives in the area. The receptionist was really welcoming and we had a bit of banter. He was very forthcominfg with the information. Great!

The room was really comfortable Relatively clean and very quiet, The only thing that let it down was the mould round the shower base.

The food was "Pub Grub" ar best but definately not worth £12.

The breakfast was ok but not really what you would call "Full Scottish" It was well set out with Juice, ceriel, toast (although I got fed up waiting for the bread to brown) sausage, scrambled egg & beans were hot, pastries, cheese and fruit. Enough to set you on your way.

All in all a very nice stay and I would certainly use it again.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the evening meal. Go to the Brewers Farye round the corner,
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

north yorkshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Check-in was ok, hotel is obviously favoured choice of the white-van-man contractor, (free) wi-fi only available in public bar which I decided to avoid, given the choice of smoking and non-smoking room!? Didn't realise there were still smoking rooms allowed since the smoking ban but so nice to get a corridor and room that didn't reek of cigarettes, shame that the enterance and lobby of the hotel did due to people standing at the front of the hotel. Evening meal available but prices were too high for this type of hotel, av. starter £5.50, av main £12, £10 for a burger & chips, £5 for a desert, £6.50 for a glass of wine. No batteries in remote (yes I could have gone back down to reception to ask for batteries), noise from closeby road even with the windows shut. Breakfast looked uninviting, grabbed a coffee and left (just as well it was included in room rate). All in all not a "bad" hotel just a little higher up the ladder than a Travelodge and not my cup of tea, handy 5 minute drive to my meeting the next day.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Good Day

I am sorry to see that the hotel did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. We strive to ensure that we deliver a great guest experience and that we use the feedback from guest as a learning tool as we strive to ensure customer satisfaction.
Thank you for giving us your feedback and for taking the time to do so, We will learn for your feedback and ensure that all aspects of your feedback are addressed and improved. As we strive to achieve a continued cycle of improvements that guest feedback allows us to achieve

Regards and Thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenock
Premier Inn Greenock Hotel
The Spinnaker Hotel
#1 of 2 in Gourock
Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf
Cameron House on Loch Lomond

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenock? Share your experiences!