“A Greenock Star”

Holiday Inn Express Greenock
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenock
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I recently spent a few a days in Greenock staying at the Holiday In Express on the site of the former Scotts Shipbuilding Yard where I spent seven years of my life> Having stayed there before I was pleased to see the standard remains high and the staff efficient and helpful. The rooms are clean as are the public areas. The breakfast was as always, very enjoyable. However, the toasters should maybe be put into thee museum....time to replace guys! I strongly recommend the hotel. Clean, ideally situated with efficient and friendly staff.

Room Tip: The rear facing rooms can suffer from the fan noise but not a major problem. Didint stop me sleeping...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Good Day

Thank you for such positive feedback, I always ensure that my team are aware of the commenets and feeling of our guest, I am pleased that we have managed to make your stay a great experience.

I hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express, Greenock very soon

Thanks and Regards

Reviewed November 23, 2012

As our daughter moved to Scotland from Norway to work, we had to visit her to see she is ok. My husband followed her and told a lot of you when he arrived home again. Our daughter stayed at your hotel before she got her own appartment, and you were all very helpful. When I came together with my husband, you asked for our daughter and you were so kind and helpful during our stay. We almost felt like home. You were very helpful and smiled and said hello every time we passed by. We stayed for 4 nights and slept wonderful in your clean rooms. When we visit Greenock early next year, we will stay at Holiday Inn again. Thank yuo so much everybody. :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Good Morning

Thank you for your feedback and postive comments, it is always nice to hear the the team are getting it right and that the guest give us positive feedback to drive us on and understand that what we do daily is noticed by our guests

With Thanks

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We booked a family room at the cost of just under £55. We were a party of 2 adults and 2 teenagers. Upon arrival we were made welcome and swiftly booked in. Our room was perfect for our requirements for a 1 night stay, with a double bed and a sofa bed (already made up) and the usual tea making facilities and television.
Before going out we had a drink in the bar, which I found to be a bit expensive however we were able to get the kids drinks from the vending machine and we were supplied glasses for these. The staff were helpful and efficient. The bar area itself was comfortable and welcoming.

We slept well on our return to the hotel although my daughter did complain that the sofa bed was a little bit uncomfortable.

Breakfast was a bonus as comes included in the room rate and we were pleasantly surprised and all enjoyed a good breakfast before checking out.

The hotel is spotless and any staff we came across all said hello and were friendly, we would defiantely book this hotel again when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Good Day

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us and for giving us positive feedback, which is always nice. I have also taken into account the rest of your feedback and will strive to ensure that your commenets are actioned and changes made were possible, Maybe see if we can do anything with regard to the comfort of the sofa bed.

Thank you and hopefully see you back at the Holiday Inn Express, Greenock on your next visit to the area

Regards

Mr Colin Moore

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We always get excellent service at this hotel.The staff are exceedingly helpful as nothing is too much trouble.Excellent value for money as good variety hot and cold breakfast is provided.The rooms are always clean,with a very good room cleaning and replenishing service.

Room Tip: No problem with any room as there is a lift
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gaz4caz
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Good Day

Thank you for your positive feedback and the nice comments you have taken the time to post. It is always great to get this type of feedback. I will ensure that I pass your comments onto the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future

Regards and Thanks

Reviewed September 27, 2012

an enjoyable experience, very clean warm spacious and staff were friendly. will definately stay here again. there was 15 of us that booked to stay here. The check in process was worked well and very quickly sorted and organised. Breakfast was enjoyed and included in the price. would like to have seen some bananas and maybe muesli. but apart from that pleasent and a decent time for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank babylov92
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future

Regards and Thanks

Reviewed September 23, 2012

me and my wife have been travelling round the west coast for the last few weeks and stayed here at the end of August, we wish we didnt,

the receptionist claire was the single most ruddest and unhelpful person we have ever met in all of our travels, all we asked to do on checkin was to extend our stay by an extra night as we had changed our travel plans, but she was not interested and said we would have to change rooms

later the same evening after we had checked in we asked her for an ironing board and her reply was am busy i will get one to you in an, all she was doing at the time was playing on her mobile phone she didnt even bother to look up at us,

breakfast was cold and i think didnt meet the requlations for temperatures when serving food, staff in the dining room obviously didnt enjoy working there,

the rooms was cold and noisy being so close to the main road, i didnt feel safe when we went for a walk at night

all in all a really bad stay and we didnt bother staying for the third night

Room Tip: any hotel apart from here
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank walker89
Mr_Colin_Moore, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Good Day

I was disappointed to read your comments and the experience that you had on your recent visit.

I have spoken to the staff memeber and I can assure that we take all feedback very seriously and ensure that we learn from the feedback given. Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.
A customer focus is key to ensure we exceed your expectations and can understand some of the failings regarding your impression fo what took place

As you will see from other feedback my hotel is a warm and freindly place to stay and feedback regarding staff and the guest experince is always postive

Thanks for your feedback and comments

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here for one night on 7th September 2012 with my wife. The check-in staff were friendly and efficient, it only took a couple of minutes. The double room was spacious and tidy. It perhaps needed decoration though. Had a good night's sleep and in the morning enjoyed the breakfast which was included in the room rate of £55. Can't argue with that being good value for money especially when compared to the nearby Premier Inn. Will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank malcdonny1949

Good Day

It is always good to hear postive feedback and for guests to ackowledge that we are geeting it right

Thank you for your valued feedback and comments

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenock
Custom House Hotel
Kilcreggan Hotel
Kilcreggan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kilcreggan
Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenock? Share your experiences!