“Oh so dissapointing!”

The Point Brewers Fayre
Ranked #39 of 64 Restaurants in Greenock
Cuisines: Pub, Bar, British
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family friendly restaurant situated on the banks of the Clyde. Great for kids with our indoor play area and large outdoor seating area for those sunny days.
port glasgow
“Oh so dissapointing!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have visited this establishment on quite a few occasions and they never fail to dissapoint.Every visit I vow never to return but there have been occasions when the visit has been prebooked by some other party member and I've just had to go along with it.
They have been chopping and changing their business style but no matter what they do or who takes over they can't seem to get it right.
The best way to describe the service is slap,dash,hit & miss!

• Visited November 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Disappointing lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We went for a bite of lunch from work. We booked a table and pre-ordered our food so that we could be quick. Service was fine, when we arrived we were promptly seated and drinks order taken and brought to the table with our food within 5 minutes. Very efficient, and credit to the waiter for that.

The problem lay with the food. I ordered the macaroni and can only say it was pretty awful. The worst I have tasted in a long time. A couple of others ordered the same and a few of us left half of it. Being a Brewer's Fayre establishment though I'd imagine the recipes are standard (if not prepared), so probably they can't do anything about how awful it tasted.

I've been at The Point a few times, but it's not usually my choice of places to go.

1 Thank lesley1974
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Good Value, Good Service and Good Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

While I had booked in advance and chose to select from the restricted "meal deal" menu this did not detract from the quality of the food provided. The overall menu was excellent and in my opinion there would be no need to look further for food. Breakfast was excellent!

smallfield
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Had diner here when I stay at the hotel next door. Food was of good quality service was excellent . I was served at the bar by Hazel who was brillant was shown to my table by Kevin and again the excellent customer service from both these wonderfull people was second to none. Will be going to eat hear again when I visit Scotland

Scotland
“Great Service and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had 2 visits. Firstly on the 20th with colleagues - we are all about customer service in our roles and are involved with NPS for across our business and the second visit on the 21st was with my father.

I wanted to highlight how impressed I was with the service, the cleanliness of the areas, the selection of food and the quality of the food on both occasions.

We were met on both days and directed to a window seat with a beautiful view and the hosts were extremely polite and telling us clearly how to order and our table number. Both days with a smile by different people. The menu's were clear and most importantly for me clean. Spotless in fact and it may be down to a new menu however my feeling looking around the building and how clean and fresh it looked was that it was just the way things are done there. When ordering we had not decided on a couple of the extras and the girls(different girls) on both days were smiling and patient as I ran to find out what our party wanted. On the next day with my father we didn't realise it was not 2 for 1 being a Saturday however it didn't bother us as we were loving the service and atmosphere.

On both visits I could not find any fault. I would have hired any of the servers and managers going on the service we received on both occasions. If I was to give a score on a scale of 0-10 if I would recommend The Point Greenock to a family or friend then I would have to say 10.

My colleagues felt the same and the head of our team for the UK was hosting and was also extremely impressed.

One small thing is the survey online. If you don't have the house number or receipt number then you can not leave feedback. Crucial if you want to maintain the standards you have in the venue. I was also a little disappointed I could not print my free dessert receipt as I really enjoyed them.

Overall a fantastic experience and I have already told people I know to go try it.

• Visited September 2013