“First class service”

The Point Brewers Fayre
Ranked #25 of 68 Restaurants in Greenock
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family friendly restaurant situated on the banks of the Clyde. Great for kids with our indoor play area and large outdoor seating area for those sunny days.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Visited the point at the weekend,not been there for a few year,service we received was first class ,John looked after our table could not have asked for any more will be back.Food was good value as well

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice place to enjoy a pint. It's a nice pub and the floor staff are very helpful and friendly. The bar staff are a bit snappy though, although they do look under pressure as there's always a queue at the bar.

I've eaten here several times and its never been good. I've had the chip shop buffet which was barely edible and cost around £8. I also had a chicken burger & chips which was a soggy lump of chicken which had been thrown onto a bun full of lettuce and placed next to several huge undercooked chips. I'm sure it cost me the best part of £9 as well! This place serves pub grub and charges restaurant prices, which is bad enough but it's a complete disaster when they can't even cook pub grub well.

The James Watt serves better food at a cheaper price. This place has much nicer surroundings though. As I said, it's a very decent pub, if you're hungry head 50 yards across the street to McDonalds

1  Thank mickwaw82
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I used to love going here but went recently and the food took an age to appear. It was pretty busy in fairness but still....The food itself seemed rushed despite the time taken to produce, the meat seemed a little undercooked and didn't finish my meal.

The desserts were absolutely lovely however and brings the score up a little.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Decided to visit here as we passed through Greenock on our holidays. We arrived around 5pm and the place was very quiet we waited to be seated and the cheery man behind the bar told us to take a seat anywhere which was fine. We stopped to look at the cakes in the cabinet and then carried on to a table by the window only for another member of staff to tell us that we must wait to be seated by a member of staff and i felt she was rather rude.

I ordered fish and chips which was very bland then realised that the menu didn't actually state what kind of fish it was, so guessed it was something of poor quality and flavour. Was unable to put vinegar on my chips as the vinegar was cloudy and had horrible bits floating around in it YUK!!

Hubby had sausage egg and chips and felt the egg was undercooked and a bit slimey. Left most of our food as we just weren't enjoying it. Very disappointing.

1  Thank alison m
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Excellent staff, superb menu, great location. The "buffet of the day" gives a great option. For me I had the buffet one night and the menu the second. Don't hesitate to go....but maybe book at weekends.