I visited this hotel in 2008, before I started reviewing hotels on Tripadvisor. I was very impressed at that time. I am pleased to report that the hotel has not dropped its standards.
The location of the hotel is very good. It is an easy drive from the city of Inverness or from the airport. There is a conference facility at the hotel. It appears spacious but I cannot comment on the facility.
The food is very good, whether at breakfast or dinner.
The rooms I have had on each occasion were both on the second floor. The rooms are very spacious. I believe that the beds are "Queen" size bads. Certainly they are three pillows wide !
The bathroom has a bath, sink, toilet and a shower cubicle. Like everything about the room it is a very nice set up.
Channel 4 is a very weak channel on the TV. Other channels do not show a strong signal. For sports fans there are Sky Sports 1, 2 and 3. Alongside these channels are the standard terrestrial 5 and Sky 1.
There are cattle on the front lawn. You can access the hotel from the main road or nearer to the waterfront. There is free wifi in the rooms. My room had excellent reception. A colleague found that she had to sit on the toilet to get good reception.
I am aware that there are some negative comments about this hotel. I must say that I cannot see why. I could be really picky and say that the lift is small and jerky. I could say that the car park was not treated for being icy on Tuesday morning but really that would be petulent and unnecessary.
Would I recommend it ? Yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful area in the Highlands of Scotland, the hospitality of the town is matched by the welcome that awaits guests at the Newton. Standing in 21 acres of mature parkland and gardens, yet close to the Highland Capital of Inverness, is the Newton Hotel. There are 63 en suite bedrooms and the hotel has a comfortable environment in which guests can relax. The hotel is only a 10-minute drive from Inverness Airport and within easy road and rail links, making it very accessible whichever way you choose to travel. The area hosts a wealth of attractions including the Malt Whisky Trail, Elgin Cathedral, Loch Ness, Cawdor Castle, Culloden Battlefield, the delights of Inverness or Nairn and the famous Moray Firth Dolphins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Newton Muthu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newton Hotel And Highland Nairn
- Newton Hotel Nairn
- Newton Muthu Hotel Nairn, Scotland