we booked this hotel based on reviews and a couple of friends had previously stayed here. We booked for 2 nights, myself, my husband and two young kids. Our first impression of the hotel from the outside and the reception area was it was very nice. The rooms given to us, 2 separate ones, were good on first impressions. My husband had trouble sleeping the first night as the room was very stuffy and small and the bed was not a double more a queen size and he is 6 2". We asked to change and we were accomodated however on moving to the new room we were horrified to find that the room smelt of damp and the wallpaper was literally falling off the walls. We went downstairs to explain and ask again to be moved only to be told by a very old and frosty faced receptionist that we could only have 2 single rooms. I said in that case I would like to move hotels and hoped that she understood that we would not be paying for the 2nd night. I was informed that I would need to pay for the 2nd night as they could have let the room out, even with the damp and wallpaper coming off the walls. I contacted superbreak whom I booked the hotel through and they were very helpful they told us we did not need to pay for the 2nd nights accommodation and they apologised for the hotel's unhelpfulness. On leaving the hotel we were greeted outside of our bedroom door by a cockroach we told the receptionist and even showed her a picture which my 8 yr old son took and she very calmly said "we will deal with that" I would most definately not be returning to this hotel it is an outrage that it is still classed as a 4*.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful area in the Highlands of Scotland, the hospitality of the town is matched by the welcome that awaits guests at the Newton. Standing in 21 acres of mature parkland and gardens, yet close to the Highland Capital of Inverness, is the Newton Hotel. There are 63 en suite bedrooms and the hotel has a comfortable environment in which guests can relax. The hotel is only a 10-minute drive from Inverness Airport and within easy road and rail links, making it very accessible whichever way you choose to travel. The area hosts a wealth of attractions including the Malt Whisky Trail, Elgin Cathedral, Loch Ness, Cawdor Castle, Culloden Battlefield, the delights of Inverness or Nairn and the famous Moray Firth Dolphins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Newton Muthu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newton Hotel And Highland Nairn
- Newton Hotel Nairn
- Newton Muthu Hotel Nairn, Scotland