Due to very bad weather, my flight from Inverness was cancelled and the airline sent me, and 8 other stranded passengers, to the Newton Hotel. We arrived at approximately 20.40 and a friendly, helpful receptionist quickly allocated us our rooms.
Upstairs layout was a bit confusing and it took me a few minutes to find my room. The room was spacious and contained everything needed for a comfortable nights stay.
Despite being late(ish) the kitchen and waiting staff provided dinner. Good selection on the menu and everything, except the mustard sauce, was well presented and tasty. The sauce was very thin.
Breakfast was very good.
If I was visiting Nairn some time in the future, I would consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful area in the Highlands of Scotland, the hospitality of the town is matched by the welcome that awaits guests at the Newton. Standing in 21 acres of mature parkland and gardens, yet close to the Highland Capital of Inverness, is the Newton Hotel. There are 63 en suite bedrooms and the hotel has a comfortable environment in which guests can relax. The hotel is only a 10-minute drive from Inverness Airport and within easy road and rail links, making it very accessible whichever way you choose to travel. The area hosts a wealth of attractions including the Malt Whisky Trail, Elgin Cathedral, Loch Ness, Cawdor Castle, Culloden Battlefield, the delights of Inverness or Nairn and the famous Moray Firth Dolphins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Newton Muthu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newton Hotel And Highland Nairn
- Newton Hotel Nairn
- Newton Muthu Hotel Nairn, Scotland