From when you drive up the long driveway, you are amazed by the Stately Home you are about to stay in. The surrounding grounds and view are great too. Inside it is a traditional Scottish Country House Hotel, steeped in history. My room was pleasant and comfortable.
Sadly I didn't dine in the Hotel, as I went to visit friends, but I did have a wee dram of Whisky in the Bar on my return, and had a warm welcome from David, the Scottish Barman.
Breakfast the next day was fine, and then I departed. A memorable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful area in the Highlands of Scotland, the hospitality of the town is matched by the welcome that awaits guests at the Newton. Standing in 21 acres of mature parkland and gardens, yet close to the Highland Capital of Inverness, is the Newton Hotel. There are 63 en suite bedrooms and the hotel has a comfortable environment in which guests can relax. The hotel is only a 10-minute drive from Inverness Airport and within easy road and rail links, making it very accessible whichever way you choose to travel. The area hosts a wealth of attractions including the Malt Whisky Trail, Elgin Cathedral, Loch Ness, Cawdor Castle, Culloden Battlefield, the delights of Inverness or Nairn and the famous Moray Firth Dolphins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Newton Muthu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newton Hotel And Highland Nairn
- Newton Hotel Nairn
- Newton Muthu Hotel Nairn, Scotland