“Highly recommended.”
Review of The Albert Inn

The Albert Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Nairn
Reviewed July 6, 2014

It is a long time since I have enjoyed staying in a Guest House so much and I would recommend the Albert Inn to anyone.I was in Nairn for three days for a wedding and did not know where to stay.All I knew was the location of this Guest House was good being near the train station,newsagent,Post Office,Bank etc.Well I came up trumps this time.I was in comfortable,cosy,warm,spotlessly clean en suite Room 2. The bed was very comfortable and the TV was HD.The breakfast was cereal. full cooked breakfast and as much coffee or juice as I wanted.The choice of dinner is remarkable for a Guest House and a main course and drink was little more than a tenner.At night the Guest House was quiet and there were no smells, which a previous critic had reported.I found the staff welcoming and pleasant.It was a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank John L
There are newer reviews for The Albert Inn

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Room 3 was dirty and smelt on arrival, which I thought was due to the Kitchen being below. We shared the room with 15-20 flies to start , due to the window being left open and being a lovely day ,well that's what I thought until the next morning when we left at 5am we seen the wheelie bins below the window with flies around it. The bedding looked clean but the towels had brown stain marks. The room wasn't clean and had evidence of using shake and vac carpet cleaner to cover up the smells. Had it not been late and I had a child with me I would off gone out to find another place to stay . Wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Deborah340
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Room clean but not what we thought it would be, clean bedding and room was also cleaned day 2 so that was good.

Two gripes, shower pressure was not great and shower tray would not drain away quickly so standing in cold water.

Also should have realised that the bar/outside inn would be noisy on a Saturday night and it was.. Until at least 1.30am.. A bit annoying and that's the reason we wouldn't pick an inn with rooms above to stay in again, though our fault for not thinking about that.

The food had good write up's so we chose to eat there on the Saturday night however it was ok,not great or anything and was partly cold by the time it was served.. Have had much nicer so based on that, we did not bother even trying the breakfast. Probably would have got more value and a bigger room,staying in a premier inn or travel lodge and that's exactly what what will do the next time .Overall not the best experience.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Lili100
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We recently stayed here for 3 nights on our first trip to Scotland. The room was clean and tidy and well presented. The bed was large and very comfortable. The shower-room was clean and well stocked. The TV was massive. The home-cooked food was bloody brilliant and the owner and staff made us feel really welcome. We woke to the sound of seagulls and slept soundly each night. No noise from the bar or any strange smells (see other reviews??) Its ideally situated for easy access to various tourist routes and whatnot. The breakfast each morning was enough to set us up for the whole day and was cooked to perfection. We felt we have terrific value for money and would definitely stay at The Albert Inn again. Guy the landlord was helpful, welcoming and suggested great places for us to visit and his garlic mushrooms are the best I have ever tried!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Clare W
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by The Albert Inn. Good accomodation at reasonable prices delivered with the minimum of fuss. Good hearty food, a good selection of drinks and comfortable rooms. Breakfast was great and complaining or finding fault would be petty or needless in my opinion. The Albert Inn is a great plave to stop over, get fed well and then enjoy a good kip. The copious breakfast is there if you want it the next morning prior to you heading off on your travels. It is what it is and that is a good stopover.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RichardWScottf
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights, was apprehensive as the reviews were a bit hit and miss. I was pleasantly suprised. The room was big enough for myself and the bed was very comfortable and the bedding very clean and soft as were the towels. Great TV and a fabulous breakfast. Ok the room could have done with a lick of paint but I have stayed in far far worse.The shower was old but more than adequate. There was a strange smell but I don't think it was the pub as I also smelt it outside but not a problem.Staff were friendly and it is in a great position. I will defitnely stay there again next time i visit Nairn. Thank you very much for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank corinne t
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here while up north on business. Staff very warm and welcoming,nothing a bother. Food good and great value for money. lovely breakfast set me up for the rest of a long day. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business