“Wont rush back”
Review of The Albert Inn

The Albert Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Nairn
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in September. Booked after trying various others which were booked up. This was my last resort and the reviews were putting me off. Im afraid they were mostly right. Strange smells, fungus on bathroom ceiling, water dripping through the ceiling into the bar where people were eating, well I think it was water. On a better note the bed was clean and breakfast was fine. Stayed in a hotel in Inverness for 3rd night which was £9.00 more per night but was the Ritz in comparison.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Alex W

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had to keep reminding myself this was an Inn and I am sorry for the 2 stars but even for an Inn I expected a little bit more. I booked a Double Room but the room allocated was a Twin. Arriving late in the evening I was too tired from driving to say anything so just shoved the twin beds together - but had to give that up as they slipped away from one another during the night and were uncomfortable. The room smelled of grease from the kitchen which must have been directly below. It was actually quite disgusting. There were long blond hairs in one of the beds. The light fitting above the basin sink (which was actually in the room) had a wire sticking out the top of it connected to a terminal for the light switch to the main cable. A photo of that is below. I actually felt very uncomfortable in the room because of the smell and the hairs in the bed and it didn't feel clean at all. The carpets in the room and the stair have long seen better days and the photos of the bedrooms on the web site didn't quite match up with what we were given. When I was leaving I wanted to pay and rang the bell in the lobby that says to press for attention. After waiting for about 10 mins I decided that it obviously wasn't ringing anywhere and went looking for someone. Had I been unscrupulous I would simply have walked out rather than going hunting for someone to take my money. But, remind yourself - it is classed as an Inn!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nick W
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed in aviemore the night before lovely clean hotel excellent service ... Arrived in Nairn on Saturday to spend evening with friends ... First thing to hit you when walking up the stairs with ill fitting carpets was the smell. the corridor up stairs obviously has air freshness to try to mask the smell ( this made it worse) the room was in need of decoration and the carpet was filthy ... The shower was a trickle of water ..I had to go to friends house to wash .... There were hundreds of flies ( even they were trying to escape .. ) on the positive the bed was clean and comfortable .. Would not stay in this hotel again .... But it's nothing a bulldozer couldn't fix ...

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Motherg66
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before my friends wedding and I wished I had of stayed home in Glasgow and taken the drive up on the Saturday. It probably would have been cheaper and I wouldn't have felt so ill while I was being bridesmaid.

The whole place looks like a youth hostel/old mans pub (if you that makes sense) which instantly made me mad that they had the cheek to charge me £75 for the night! Then we went upstairs to our room and instantly were smacked in the face with the smell of sewerage. It was vile. I spoke to the barman who assured me it would be taken care of. I went out and came back to the smell slightly lessened but then throughout the course of the night it came back worse than ever! I have read posts from the past year or so and this is a recurring theme. The fact they know about it and yet still have the gall to charge what they did speaks volumes about their level of customer service. No doubt they were just happy to have their money. I sent an email to complain with no reply and my husband asked for a discount the next day due to the smell, two lights in the room not working and a cold dinner the night before.

The barman was trying to be helpful in the evening however the person on shift at breakfast just shrugged and said he wasn't authorised to arrange a discount and made no attempt to get in touch with someone who could.

Nairn is a lovely wee place but I would never stay at this place again.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank sairbear77
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We spent 2 nights here whilst attending the wedding of a friend, only 10 minuets from the airport and a short walk from the wedding venue. Very friendly and clean, I liked that we had our own front door key so did not have to worry about returning late from the wedding. The breakfast was very good, although my son and husband could not do it justice after too much scotch whiskey the night before! A lovely stay and would defiantly use this inn again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Gillian J
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as a base to get to Inverness and Drumnadrochit, both within 20 to 30 miles.
The hotel is actually a pub with rooms etc but is in a nice area close to all the local amenities etc.
The room was comfortable and large and suited our needs, the bathroom albeit on the small side was adequate and serviceable.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and the meals and the breakfast are superb.
Worth a stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andy B
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for one night. The room we had seemed old and bathroom was really small. The Inn smelled like smoking was allowed everywhere. We were disappointed about the whole feeling of the place. If I would travel again the same journey I would skip Nairn and just drive to Aberdeen.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple