“Superb!”

and 1 more site!
Sunny Brae Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Nairn
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is a lovely hotel. It is spotlessly clean and the hosts and staff could not be more welcoming.

The breakfast was delicious and we had two evening meals that were so good.

This was a perfect location for my Mum to take a trip down memory lane.

The view of the Black Isle from both the restaurant and lounge was great and we were lucky to have some lovely weather.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Nairn or the surrounding area.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Rachel P, Owner at Sunny Brae Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Annie G, thank you very much for your fantastic review. We are over the moon to hear you and your mother enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It was lovely to meet you both and hope you have had a memorable stay. Best wishes from all of us at Sunny Brae.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at Sunny Brae for 3 nights, we had a fantastic time. The hotel is spotless the staff are brilliant. We stayed in the Master room which is huge with a huge bathroom and the views are amazing overlooking the beach and further afield the mountains. The food was delicious both for dinner and breakfast. There was fresh fruit that was replenished each day along with bottles of mineral water. We will certainly return again. Thank you for brilliant break.

Room Tip: All the rooms have lovely views either over the South facing gardens or over the beach
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rachel P, Owner at Sunny Brae Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Sharon 1804, thank you very much for the great review. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. We hope business will be good for you and look forward to welcoming you back at Sunny Brae at some point in the future. Best wishes from all of us at Sunny Brae

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Beautiful hotel and well situated on the coast. Cleanliness perfect and hosts very welcoming. Fabulous breakfast and certainly more tha any other hotel I have stayed in this week. Recommend to anyone staying in or near Nairn.

Room Tip: Rooms on front have sea view and altoughours did not it was still a lovely room
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear June W, thank you very much for your kind review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at Sunny Brae. We hope to welcome you back at some point in the future. Best wishes from all of us at Sunny Brae

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was my second stay at Sunny Brae and I cannot say enough good about it. The room was very cozy and comfortable with everything a traveler could want. Clean room, comfortable bed and a peaceful environment. My room overlooked the garden in the back so I felt like I was at home. It was spacious with 2 occasional chairs and a desk and included an iron (something I rarely see in Scotland) Rooms on the front of the hotel have ocean views and next trip I will opt for that.

The owners and staff are friendly and helpful. I highly recommend that you eat dinner here too because the food is excellent. The roast venison was cooked perfectly and very tender. My room included a full breakfast cooked to order, along with a choice of juices, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, and more. Great way to start your day.

The hotel is right across the street from a large park on the firth so it's a great place to go for a walk. There is a large conservatory so you can relax with tea/coffee and look out to the ocean.

Room Tip: Spring for a room with a gorgeous ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Rachel P, Owner at Sunny Brae Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Salesmaven, thank you for your fabulous review. We are delighted to hear your enjoyed your stay. I hope you manage to finish your book. Should you ever be in the area, we would like to welcome you back. Best wishes from all of us at Sunny Brae.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed here for three nights and thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Room was lovely and comfortable, had an excellent breakfast each day cooked to order, lovely friendly staff and owners. Spotless throughout, couldn't fault the housekeeping. Lovely warm family feel to the place, more like a B&B than a hotel. Cosy.
Would recommend to anybody wanting a stay to remember, the memories of my stay will linger for a very long time and next time I am in Nairn I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the garden, lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear ScotlandCinders, thank you very much for your great review. It was lovely to meet you. I hope you had a safe and quick journey home. We would like to welcome you back to Sunny Brae if your are in the area. Best wishes from all of us at Sunny Brae.

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

If looking for somewhere to stay in Nairn or surrounding areas look no further than The Sunny Brea Hotel as I am convinced you will find nothing to better it!..
Following the nightmare start to my short trip to The Highlands I was lucky to come across this well run establishment.
The owners and family who run the hotel are as warm and welcoming as the whiskey that is distilled around this area giving you a warm glow inside with their welcome.
The room that I was in had fantastic views and was spotless. From the massive bath sheets that are soft and fluffy to the duck down duvets and pillows on quality beds it is all designed to offer their clients a stay to remember in five star accommodation!..
Breakfast was nothing but superb and catered for everyone nothing was too much trouble.
My only regret was I had not stay here the two previous nights ( read my reviews ) and not for longer !..
Many thanks again.
JRE
Eastbourne
East Sussex
England

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear JRE, thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and did not have too many 'adventures' in our hotel. If you are in the area we would like to welcome you back. Best wishes from all of us at Sunny Brae.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed at the Sunny Brae in August 2011. We stayed for 2 nights I believe. Its a very quiet hotel, b&b feel. Very welcoming and friendly owners. Rooms were great, nicely furnished, with a cute country feel (which I adored). There was a little tv and a kettle and lots of books on a shelf (one of them really caught my eye and I ended up reading it when I got back to Canada, the suspicious of mr witcher). The breakfast was amazing, there was no menu per say, we were just asked what we wanted based on what they had available for ingredients. I was so surprised by this! There was also lots of local homemade honeys and jams available for our toasts. We also used their laundry service which was great, our clothes were well taken care of and brought back in time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We try to use local produce as much as we can. The jams and marmalade are made by a lady in Aberdeenshire and, when available, we use honey from Cawdor. Should you ever be in the area again we would like to welcome you back to Sunny Brae.