“Very nice views”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Nairn
Koln
“Very nice views”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I stayed in Aberdeen for a conference and hire a car for adventure journey in Schotland. I spend too much time on whisky road and come to Nairn. A small town and I find the hotel very easy.

I park the car and find my room it is very nice and I like it here. It is long walk into Nairn town and I find something to eat. I drink many malt whisky - all very nice.

The hotel is very lovely, the decoration looks new and I love the view to the Black Island opposite the hotel garden. The breakfast is very good and I eat too much. If I come to Nairn once more I come here.

I like Schottland!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank GuntherKoln

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
redhill
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We enjoyed everything about the Invernairne - the 4-poster room was fabulous - mahogony, king sized and with great seaviews! We arrived late by train and not seeing taxis phoned up and the owner came and collected us. Either Kay or Doug also took us during the week to the bus station and even to Inverness railway station (due to poor connection time from Nairn station) - they couldn't have done more to make an enjoyable stay. Even the weather was mostly good (better than down south). Great breakfast - as much as you like. We loved the gardens and even spotted dolphins from the lawn! We recommend the meals at the Classroom and at the Golf View.
Trips to Cawdor castle, Brodie castle and of course Loch Ness plus the Spey side distilleries. We recommend the area and the miles of golden, sandy beaches right down from the gardens. You won't beat this!

1 Thank knysna2009
naples, fl
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We only stayed 2 nights at the Invernairne at the end of our vacation in Scotland, we wish it could have been longer. The historic house has a truly wonderful location with great views across the sea. Great for Nairn golf course too. The owners, Kay and Doug, could not have been more hospitable and helpful in every way. We were privileged to have one of the 4-poster rooms and we found it most comfortable. Sure the bar closes soon after 8pm but that was ideal for pre-dinner drinks in a beautiful location. We recommend the walk down through the Invernairne gardens and the short walk along the seafrontage to take dinner at the Golf View hotel as the sun sets. We also just loved visiting Cawdor Castle a few miles away. We hope to return to the Invernairne soon.

Midlands
Reviewed July 18, 2009

Well, - I am writing a review so that people can have a bit of an insight into what they might get in the accommodation that we have stayed in, and it`s not much use if I don`t give an honest appraisal, so without being picky for pickie`s sake, here goes :-

We saw the Invernairne in the Scottish Touist Boards accommodation guide, and after telephoning the one listed next to it which turned out to be full, at 7.30p.m. on Saturday night, we rang this one. The only room left was a four poster with a sea view, at £90.00 which we were told we could have at £80.00. The room sounded good and so did the lady and then gentleman who we dealt with on the phone.

I still wanted to go round to the other hotel to see if we could chivvy a room out of them but time was getting on, and we found the hotel quite easily.

It didn`t look quite as magnificent as it had suggested, but the gardens were well kept and the view from the back IS beautiful. We checked in and went to our room, and frankly, this just has to be said, it was quite disappointing. The four poster certainly did have four posts, but it wasn`t a bit like I had imagined, nor experienced before, and the wardrobe door that just would not stay shut and which bashed you on the elbow every time you came out of the bathroom, was certainly a bit irritating - in other words, and to tell the truth, the room that we stayed in was certainly tired and in need of decorating.
On reading the brochure it said "newly decorated in 2007" but this could not have been ours, and I`ll say no more.

The lady did say if there was anything that we would like to highlight that needed to be done, it would already be on her list, so I didn`t comment as this one MUST have been on her list !

The breakfast was served in chafing dishes and then you ordered whichever sort of egg that you wanted to go with it, which was a different way of going on, but never mind, they are trying to be really accommodating, and nobody can criticise people who try.

There is indeed a bar, but it closes at 8.15p.m. so don`t imagine drinking sessions with the guys...........it is quiet.

For one night I/we could put up with it, but we certainly wouldn`t have wanted to pay as much as we did for a week and had we been staying any longer, then we certainly would have asked for a different room or at least to see what the alternatives were.

Nairn itself was a mini Blackpool at the turn of the century, and no doubt there are features which still appeal to individuals for some reason, but, apart from the golf course and the sea, I could not see anything that would make me want to return.

3 Thank wanderingstarlet
Scottish Borders
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I had previously stayed here with my wife and we had thoroughly enjoyed the experience and most importantly the service and helpfulness of our hosts. This time I returned with my father for a golf outing. My father had stayed at the Invernairne under its previous owners who had double booked and upset him and his party. He was thus a reluctant traveller, however that has all changed and he is busily sounding off to all that will listen what a pleasure his stay had been.

The simple things have been done well and this is backed up with a warm and attentive welcome and a courteous and helpful service ethic.

• Stayed April 2009
Anstruther, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Invernairne Guest House for two nights over Easter. The guest house is located on the sea front about 5 minutes nearer Nairn Harbour than the Golf View Hotel.
The place is spotlessly clean and has lovely gardens with excellent sea views. Our room was clean and spacious. We had a nice sitting area in the room and tea and coffee making facilities.
Breakfast is served between 8.00 and 9.30 in the morning room which again has beautiful sea views. The first morning we were there the guest house seemed to be almost full and the hot food was served from a selection of hot plates. The food could have been warmer and there seemed to be a shortage of some food items plus juice glasses and bowls. The second morning there was only us and one other couple so breakfast was made to order and was far more pleasant. The food items served at breakfast are not the finest nor are they the worst. Given the rich supply of local ingredients a bit more effort could be made to source items like sausages from local butchers and perhaps also haggis and black pudding could be added to the offerings to make it more of a full Scottish breakfast.
The owners are warm and friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. This is a very pleasant guest house for a short stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Woo4uk
california
Reviewed September 18, 2008

This was one of the most beautiful rooms we have ever stayed in! We stayed in the ocean front room downstairs, recently refurbished this past year. I have never seen such a large room, with large windows opening to the ocean. The poster bed just added to the beauty of this room. Although this room was beautiful, the owners Kay and Doug were so nice to us. My husband sprained his ankle while playing golf, stepping in a hole on the rough so came in limping. Doug immediately gave him a wooden cane which he used for the next two days until he could buy one of his own. Kay brought us ice, a bandage and deep heat for my husband to use. This really helped us out, as we got to their bed and breakfast after the stores were closed. The food was great and our breakfast room had windows opening up to the ocean and the beautiful garden. We can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay here.

• Liked — the view of the ocean and the room
  • Disliked — nothing.....we loved everything about this bed and breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nairn
Golf View Hotel & Spa
#7 of 9 in Nairn
Boath House Hotel
Boath House Hotel
#5 of 9 in Nairn

Been to Invernairne Hotel? Share your experiences!