“When is my next visit...?!”
Review of Greenlawns

Greenlawns
Ranked #4 of 37 Nairn B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Two weeks in Scotland, seven B&Bs....and Greenlawns was the best of them all!
I have stayed with Sheelagh at Greenlawns twice, now; and her welcoming spirit and willingness to help her guests find the local flavor makes staying there all that much better.

Her breakfasts are wonderfully cooked to order, and the rooms are appointed with flair. Oftentmes, the decor of the room in a B&B is either too "homey" or too bland, but the rooms at Greenlawns are warm and welcoming without being overdone. Sheelagh has shown wonderful style in how she has decorated everything. The Garden Room is a wonderful place to begin the day....very colorful and the windows out on to the garden give it a country atmosphere.

I can't wait for my third stay at Greenlawns!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kate R
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

It was so good to have you stay with us again here at Greenlawns. Glad that you had a great holiday. Thank you so much for your very kind words in the review. We aim to please as many guests as we can..and am so glad you will be coming back. Best wishes for a great autumn and haste ye back lassie.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Super friendly!!! I needed a place for my mother and cousin to stay after their long journeys from Australia and Istanbul, respectively, to attend my marriage in Scotland (my husband and I are from Australia, too). The host was delightful and fabulous in every way, and looked after my relatives with the absolute best of Scottish hospitality. Greenlawns is a haven for the visitor. Great food, clean, located in a lovely area of Nairn and a convenient walk to both shops and beach. Happy memories!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ScotlandMagicGirl
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you so very much for the review you gave us here at Greenlawns. I am glad that we were able to care for your family...and thanks for sharing your wedding photos with me..it looked a truly magical day. Hope you are all well and we may see you again when next in Nairn. Best wishes, Sheelagh

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The second phase of our Scotland holiday took us north by ScotRail to Inverness and Nairn, where we stayed in an excellent B&B called Greenlawns and met a most delightful Sheelagh Southwell. The B&B is well kept with a variety of things to do for visiotrs of all ages. She and husband Dave have lovely gardens and it is situated on a pretty quiet street. The homes all around are well kept with beautiful front gardens, and we fell in love with Nairn. Everything is within comfortable walking distance, especially the park and the Moray Firth, where we experienced one of the most beautiful sunsets we've ever seen anywhere! Also comfortable walking distance to 2 very good dining establishments- The Classroom and The Braeval. The rooms were very comfortable and the bathroom was large! A great B&B to stay in and we will certainly return! Breakfast was very good, and Sheelagh makes great pancakes. The Scottish salmon and eggs is not to be passed up!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Ken and family..Greetings from Nairn. Thank you very much for the great review you have given to Greenlawns and Nairn. We are so glad that you enjoyed your trip up here and it was lovely to meet you all. I hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your travels and will enjoy the rst of the summer. take care and we hope to see you again. Best wishes for the future. Sheelagh & Dave

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We chose Greenlawns from Tripadvisor reviews - Excellent choice! The home is lovely, the room was GORGEOUS, beautifully decorated! But it was Sheelagh (sorry if I am spelling it wrong) the owner who made our two nights so great - her husband was lovely too! She was a wealth of knowledge, cooked fabulous breakfasts, loved chatting with us, made us feel totally at home, polite, fun and funny! We loved chatting with her and didn't really want to leave... was definitely one of those where we felt we had made a new friend. Parking was great, good location, quiet, beautiful garden, clean, pretty, perfect! Thank you from Jim & Heather (had the little Mini Cooper) who are now back in Southern California.

Room Tip: Upstairs, second door on the left - so pretty!
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Jim and Heather, Many thanks for your lovely review. It is good to hear that you enjoyed your stay here in Nairn. Hope you enjoyed the rest of Scotland and if you are ever in nairn again, hope
we can accommodate your stay. Enjoy the summer- we have a heatwave here atm and it's fabulous. Sheelagh

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have been enjoying Dave and Sheelagh's hospitality since they came to Greenlawns. Their welcome is the warmest and they can't do enough for the comfort of their guests. Sheelagh is seeing to our every wish before we even know we wanted it !!!!!!!!
Accommodation is warm ,very clean, very comfortable. Sheelagh's breakfasts are the best we get anywhere , including those in expensive hotels!!!!!!! Try the kedgeree and smoked haddock with poached eggs.
Best value accommodation and food ever. That's why we keep returning!!!!
Bill Fairlie

Room Tip: All rooms are first class
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I almost feel humbled by this review. The fact that you have returned many times delights me, and the fact that you like what I do makes me so very happy. Guests like you make me keep going, You are a delight to welcome into my home. My kedgeree,...I love. but to my taste!!!, glad you love it too.. Any B&B that uses locally sourced ingredients can do wonders. It's all about local.. Thanks again for your wonderful words...I am proud of this product and glad we have been able to keep you here for actuallyl 17 years and counting XX

Reviewed July 5, 2013

You could not find a more comfortable bed and breakfast -the food is to die for -cooked by women who is very eager to make each guest so at home. Bedroom warm and comfortable comfortable with wonderful selection of beverages. So close to the golf course and Moray Firth - lovely walks very nearby

Room Tip: There is a choice to suit your needs
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Jean and Bill, Many thanks for the lovely review. I am glad that you enjoy coming to Greenlawns and that my fishy specials and marmalade are good enough to hopefully tempt you back yet again!! Have a lovely summer and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Shelagh made us so welcome we didn't want to leave. We only booked one night as we were just passing through but the wonderfully high standard at Greenlawns made us wish we could stay longer. Breakfast was wonderful, my husband loved the home-made marmalade - and, after a week touring Scotland, I finally got a tattie scone!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

So glad that you had a good stay here at Greenlawns. One night is too short a stay in our lovely town, I will agree. I just hope that you will come back and stay longer. So happy that you loved my marmalade!! I love it too...and it shows on my frame!!! Enjoy the summer and ..haste Ye Back