“amazing!!”
Review of Greenlawns

Greenlawns
Ranked #4 of 37 Nairn B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Was glad to be back in Nairn and Sheelagh made it feel like home from home. Will definately be back at Greenlawns for future visits with my family. The location is great, just minutes from the stunning beach! Thanks so much Sheelagh for a lovely time

st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Many thanks for your lovely review and kind words.
The beach is a magical and special place isn't it.
Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We found Greenlawns from the Tourist Board in Nairn and from the very start, Sheelagh our host was extremely warm, welcoming, professional and informative. In fact, Sheelagh has more tourist guides and leaflets than the Tourist Board (and we're not joking!). We were shown to Room 3 which was opulently furnished, spotlessly clean and very generously sized. The ensuite had a large bath/shower with plenty of toiletries provided. The hospitality tray in our bedroom was overflowing with all manner of goodies. Breakfast next morning was excellent with a wide choice, including all manner of fresh fruit as well as dried fruit, cereals, yogurt, home made preserves and of course, the full Scottish breakfast which was extremely good. We were so impressed with Nairn and Greenlawns that we decided to stay on an extra night if Sheelagh could accommodate us. She could - so we did and ordered her family recipe kedgeree for the next morning's breakfast (yes, that much love and attention is paid to making it). It was absolutely gorgeous and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Sheelagh is a wonderful host who always has time to provide guests with any amount of information they may need and is a very ebullient character who you feel you have known for a long time! We would definitely recommend this gem of a b&b to friends and family. Keep up the good work and many thanks from us both for a lovely stay.

st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you both for the lovely review you have given us, and I am glad we could accommodate your extra night. I am very glad you enjoyed the kedgeree, it's one of my favourite breakfast dishes to cook and eat!!. Hope we may see you here again in Nairn.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Definitely the best B and B we stayed in on our week long tour of Scotland - spotless room with hair dryer, flat screen TV. A very welcoming and helpful owner and an unforgettable breakfast menu. The Kedgeree was the best I ever had.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

many thanks for the lovely review you have given us here at Greenlawns. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and my cooking and would love to welcome you back here again.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Sheelag is just amazing! great host, very friendly and charming. Always the perfect advice and a very good cook! Delicious breakfasts! (try the smoked haddock!!)
The B&B is very cozy and Nairn is just a wonderful spot to visit (and to stay!!)
We will be back! For sure!

st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Many thanks for your very kind and lovely words about Greenlawns and Nairn too. We love our little town and are glad you did too. Hope to see you both back again soon

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed at Greenlawns for a couple of nights last week and absolutely loved it. Sheelagh and her family were incredibly welcoming and made us feel right at home. The rooms were spacious and totally spotless, and breakfast was the best I have ever had at a B&B. We are already planning a trip to go back - I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Many thanks for your very kind review. It was wonderful to meet you, your mum and friends and I hope we will see you here again soon. Glad I was able to share your mum's birthday and thanks for the cake!!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

This was our second visit to Greenlawns and I was looking forward to the most complete of breakfasts which offers so many options. I was not disappointed. The kedgeree and kippers are to die for. The rooms are spotless, attractive and the house is utterly comfortable. Sheelagh could not be more welcoming or helpful. This is one of the most relaxing place for my wife and I on all our travels. We love it. This time we stayed for five nights.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Many thanks for your lovely review...again. It was my pleasure to be able to look after you.I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer and that we'll see you again.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

As soon as I arrived, I was made to feel incredibly welcome by Sheelagh at Greenlans. It's in a lovely location, it's a lovely house that makes you feel immediately at home. My room was comfortable and had everything I needed. Completely spotless too! As a lone female traveller, I was a bit concerned about being on my own but Nairn is such a peaceful, safe community that I needn't have worried. Sheelagh was full of advice of where to go for dinner and recommended a stroll along the beach which was absolutely stunning and within only 5 mins of the B&B. After a great night's sleep, I couldn't have wanted for a better breakfast! Amazing home cooking in a really pleasant conservatory where I was left to my own devices and if I had have wanted anything Sheelagh was only a moment away. Greenlawns offers great value for money and a fab breakfast so I'd recommend to anyone looking for a cosy, welcoming B&B! Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Many thanks for your lovely review of Greenlawns. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here and found the town welcoming and relaxing. If you are back in the area we do hope you will choose to stay here again. Enjoy the rest of the summer...