“Great Hospitality in every way”
Review of Greenlawns

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nairn
Greenlawns
Ranked #8 of 37 Nairn B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hospitality in every way”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This was our second visit to Greenlawns and I was looking forward to the most complete of breakfasts which offers so many options. I was not disappointed. The kedgeree and kippers are to die for. The rooms are spotless, attractive and the house is utterly comfortable. Sheelagh could not be more welcoming or helpful. This is one of the most relaxing place for my wife and I on all our travels. We love it. This time we stayed for five nights.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Many thanks for your lovely review...again. It was my pleasure to be able to look after you.I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer and that we'll see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2012

As soon as I arrived, I was made to feel incredibly welcome by Sheelagh at Greenlans. It's in a lovely location, it's a lovely house that makes you feel immediately at home. My room was comfortable and had everything I needed. Completely spotless too! As a lone female traveller, I was a bit concerned about being on my own but Nairn is such a peaceful, safe community that I needn't have worried. Sheelagh was full of advice of where to go for dinner and recommended a stroll along the beach which was absolutely stunning and within only 5 mins of the B&B. After a great night's sleep, I couldn't have wanted for a better breakfast! Amazing home cooking in a really pleasant conservatory where I was left to my own devices and if I had have wanted anything Sheelagh was only a moment away. Greenlawns offers great value for money and a fab breakfast so I'd recommend to anyone looking for a cosy, welcoming B&B! Thanks!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Many thanks for your lovely review of Greenlawns. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here and found the town welcoming and relaxing. If you are back in the area we do hope you will choose to stay here again. Enjoy the rest of the summer...
Dunfermline United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Been staying here over the last few years Each time the same
Warm friendly welcome clean and a breakfast to die for

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Many thanks for those kind words. Was great to see you all again last weekend and may we hope to see you all again soon if not before 2013...and let's hope for better weather...you deserve it..
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2012

On our recent trip around Scotland, we were fortunate enough to stay at Greenlawns in Nairn for two nights. Sheelagh and Dave made us feel right at home. The facility is a beautiful Victorian home within easy walking distance of the town center and the beaches. A great place from which to explore the region as well since many attractions are within easy driving distance. The rooms were large and comfortable. We could not have asked for more.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Many thanks for your kind review. It was a pleasure to meet you all and thanks very much for showing me your wonderful photographs..I hope that we may meet again. Have a great summer and thanks again.
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Sheelagh and Dave are excellent hosts at this beautiful Victorian B&B. We had booked in for three nights but stayed four! Best breakfast we had on our month long drive around Scotland. Great location for exploring the east coast of Scotland, Loch Ness and Inverness...all just a short drive away. Great small town with lots of places to eat and explore along the river....away from the bustle of Inverness. On site parking off street.

Room Tip: We had room #3 which is very large with a 32" plasma TV which my husband really appreciated. R...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Many thanks to you both for your kind review. I am so glad we met you and that you enjoyed your stay here. I hope that we may meet again either in Canada or here...when he gets the trike!!!!!
Virginia
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We just complete a 10-day driving trip across Scotland, and we were fortuante enough to spend a night at Greenlawns along the way. We were a multigenerational group of four traveling -- my wife and I, our 12-year-old daughter, and my mother-in-law. We booked our accomodations nearly a year-out for this trip, and we selected Greenlawn based on reviews here, as well as the fact that it was located in Nairn. We had spent the day visiting the Loch Ness, and we wanted to be away from Inverness, and Nairn was a good choice.

Finding the B&B was very easy, and it is located on a VERY quiet street and has a private car park. Sheelagh greeted us by name as soon as we entered, and could not have been more helpful or frendly. We booked a large family-suite arrangement, with a kind-size bed in one bedroom, a connected twin room with two twin beds, and a shared -- and very nice -- bathroom off of the main bedroom. The set-up was great, and the house is full of interesting pictures and nicknacks. The salon area is particularly welcoming. We had driven through snow all day, and the roaring fire near the sofa was an all-too-welcome sight.

Sheelagh and her son recommended several restaurants for dinner, and the pub we chose within walking distance was wonderful. We all slept very well, and I have to give Greenlawn the award for the BEST MATTRESS on our 10-day-trip. I even wrote down the name of the manufacturer for future reference. It was a stormy night, but the sound of the wind howling was actually soothing. We borrowed one of the many DVD's they have in their library, and curled up to watch.

Breakfast was spectacular, and visiting with Sheelagh was particularly interesting. She's traveling much of the world, and her hospitality and good will was just so...Scottish! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Only as we drove out of Nairn in the morning did we see the charming downtown area, and beautiful beach. We would welcome an opportunity to return -- in warmer weather -- and enjoy more of the area (and Greenlawns) has to offer.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NellieVA
Fox Island
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We had a great time in Nairn because we had such a wonderful place to stay! Great location, can walk to dinner. Room was very comfortable, bed cozy! Super breakfast! Sheelagh was a great source of information! I hope to come back next year!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
st59scs, Owner at Greenlawns, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Many thanks for posting your review of Greenlawns and Nairn.
Hope you enjoyed the remainder of your holidays and we would
love to welcome you back when you return. Best regards. Sheelagh