“Amazing meal”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Recommended by Liz at sandown house B and B. The food was amazing but what impressed me even more was the lovely staff, the man who waited on us whose son is the manager was just fabulous he was so chilled he made me feel so relaxed. Nothing was too much trouble and the quality of the food amazing. Wow!!!!

Rachel P, Owner at Sunny Brae Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Thank you very much Lorraine765 for your fantastic review. We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable evening. We hope to welcome you back if you are ever in Nairn again. Best wishes from all of us at Sunny Brae.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Having lived in Nairn for 37 years albeit working abroad for quite a few of these, I was so excited to learn of the restaurant at Sunny Brae. I have our lovely neighbours to thank for the recommendation. It happened to be my birthday/anniversary which I shared with my Mother, sister and son. Unfortunately my husband and daughter could not be there but we shall definitely be returning. The food was simply outstanding, first-class quality and choice. My only reservation being that I would have ordered the ravioli had it been hand-made pasta. The service was superb, unobtrusive and just delightful. A beautiful setting looking over the Moray Firth although unfortunately it was a wet night which did not dampen our enthusiasm for the evening. A truly wonderful experience.

Dear Anne1960, Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed your dinner at Sunny Brae. We hope to see you again. Best wishes from all of us at Sunny Brae.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our meals were of a cordon bleu standard and the service was very friendly. The whisky list is extensive too.

Rachel P, Owner at Sunny Brae Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear Max H, we are delighted that to hear you enjoyed your meal at Sunny Brae. We hope you enjoyed your holiday in Scotland. Best wishes from all of us at Sunny Brae.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Genuine long established family owned and run highly rated small hotel .A traditional full service restaurant overlooking the dolphins in the Moray Firth at Nairn. Sort of semi-formal, plate service rather than silver service, but good locally sourced freshly cooked food and a good wine list explained by an interested and knowledgeable Proprietor with the guarantee "I put this wine on the list because I like it, if you don't like it, give it back to me and I will drink it !

We did like it, and the food too.

Booking essential in the evening , as if all residents dine in, there is very limited room for non residents.

Dear Grahamnairn, thank you very much for your very kind review. We are delighted you enjoyed both the food and the wine. We hope to see you again soon. Best wishes from all of us at Sunny Brae.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We've been with a group of 5 and didn't had a reservation on a Wednesday. We had a lovely evening with very good food (venison, lamb, fish) and very friendly staff. Service is first class and prices aren't too high for what you get. The ocean view outside and from the lounge is beautiful.

Dear Jana2309, we are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your dinner at Sunny Brae. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday. Best wishes from all of us at Sunny Brae.