“Ya Wee Beauty!”

Ranked #1 of 37 Nairn B&B and Inns
kinloss
“Ya Wee Beauty!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I had a great experience staying in Cawdor House. We had a very spacious ensuite room with four poster bed and sofa looking out onto lovely gardens. The place in general is very well kept and you can sense that the owners take a real pride in the service they provide. This extends to the lovely, locally-sourced, food they prepare and serve with lashings of local knowledge and history. The location is good, being easy walking distance to the centre of town but the feeling of being away from the busyness of it all and easy to get on to the many local walks inland and on the lovely beach. As it was December we even had the treat of having an open fire in the living room and dining room which, for us, topped off a great stay. We would both recommend this place if you are ever in the Nairn locality.

Room Tip: We have been twice and both times the room has been clean with ensuite and plenty of character. Room...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ranald F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Glasgow
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Cawdor House, Nairn for the fifth time now, each time we have stayed for 3 nights. We just love this place, we have been made so welcome on every occasion. Cawdor House is clean, comfortable and very friendly. Paul & Mairi are great hosts and always happy to chat ....unlike some Guest house hosts. breakfast is always a 10/10 from Mairi and Paul's knowledge of the local area is also very helpful. looking forward to our 6th visit to Cawdor House to see Paul & Mairi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tmarszol
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Having previously stayed at Cawdor House during a summer golfing break i was not surprised by the outstanding quality of service when we returned for a pre-Christmas visit.
Mairi and Paul are exceptional hosts providing a very comfortable and welcoming environment.
The rooms and facilities are spotlessly clean and Mairi's 'Full Scottish' is marvelous.....the sausages and black pudding are delicious.
With two excellent golf courses in Nairn and with Castle Stuart just up the road, not forgetting Royal Dornoch, Cawdor House is an ideal base for golf in the highlands,
We will definitely return...again!

Room Tip: All rooms are very comfortable
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank paulgregory2016
Smithsburg, Maryland
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I've stayed at Cawdor House before and just love this property. Paul and Mairi are the best hosts. I was able to request the same room I had on my previous visits. The location of this B&B is great. You have easy access to just about everything. I just love to start my day with the excellent breakfast. The food is cooked to order and served by Paul who always has helpful tips about sites to visit. My visits to Scotland always start at Nairn and my stay is at Cawdor House B&B. Hope to see you soon. Thanks for everything. I had a great visit.

Ann G.
Smithsburg, MD (USA)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank tootee63
insch
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night in a lovely large room which was very quiet considering you are close to the center of Nairn and had a reasonable night sleep. The room was very clean and very spacious. My only small problem was the bed which I found slightly uncomfortable a little bit lumpy and hard but this was an antique bed so that maybe had to be expected.

It is the first B & B that I have stayed and been given the choice of a vegetarian cooked breakfast which was really yummy and filled me up for most of the day. My husband had the usual cooked breakfast which he enjoyed tremendously before he headed off to the golf.

Proprietor was very helpful in storing my husbands golf clubs overnight .

My only bugbear if you could call it that was the parking. The only parking spaces are available at the front of the B & B on a busy road and I would of preferred off street parking but that is my preference.

All in all a good nights stay away from home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We only stayed one night but wished we'd stayed longer. The house was warm and friendly. We had the "family" room for the 3 of us (3 adults) and it worked great including a private bathroom. A great location - it was an easy walk to the beach and to dinner. The room was large, quiet and private. We'd recommend this place to anyone. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our group spent 3 nights at the charming Cawdor House in Nairn. Our hosts, Paul and Mairi, were warm, friendly, and helpful. The rooms are very good and spacious, with special attention to amenities. The food was excellent, with breakfast cooked to order. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there and would go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nairn
Newton Muthu Hotel
#3 of 9 in Nairn
Bunchrew House Hotel
Bunchrew House Hotel
#5 of 34 in Inverness

Been to Cawdor House? Share your experiences!