“Even Better Than Before”
Review of Cawdor House

Cawdor House
Ranked #1 of 37 Nairn B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I've stayed at Cawdor House before and just love this property. Paul and Mairi are the best hosts. I was able to request the same room I had on my previous visits. The location of this B&B is great. You have easy access to just about everything. I just love to start my day with the excellent breakfast. The food is cooked to order and served by Paul who always has helpful tips about sites to visit. My visits to Scotland always start at Nairn and my stay is at Cawdor House B&B. Hope to see you soon. Thanks for everything. I had a great visit.

Ann G.
Smithsburg, MD (USA)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank tootee63

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night in a lovely large room which was very quiet considering you are close to the center of Nairn and had a reasonable night sleep. The room was very clean and very spacious. My only small problem was the bed which I found slightly uncomfortable a little bit lumpy and hard but this was an antique bed so that maybe had to be expected.

It is the first B & B that I have stayed and been given the choice of a vegetarian cooked breakfast which was really yummy and filled me up for most of the day. My husband had the usual cooked breakfast which he enjoyed tremendously before he headed off to the golf.

Proprietor was very helpful in storing my husbands golf clubs overnight .

My only bugbear if you could call it that was the parking. The only parking spaces are available at the front of the B & B on a busy road and I would of preferred off street parking but that is my preference.

All in all a good nights stay away from home.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We only stayed one night but wished we'd stayed longer. The house was warm and friendly. We had the "family" room for the 3 of us (3 adults) and it worked great including a private bathroom. A great location - it was an easy walk to the beach and to dinner. The room was large, quiet and private. We'd recommend this place to anyone. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our group spent 3 nights at the charming Cawdor House in Nairn. Our hosts, Paul and Mairi, were warm, friendly, and helpful. The rooms are very good and spacious, with special attention to amenities. The food was excellent, with breakfast cooked to order. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there and would go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Cawdor House provided excellent hospitality when our party of 12 golfers stayed in June 2012.
Paul and Mairi were able to accomodate and feed our large group admirably, nothing was too much trouble. The B&B is very clean and comfortable, providing an excellent base for golf in the highlands. The level of service is excellent and represents outstanding value for money.
We will definitely return.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious with excellent facilities. However, the 'Garden' room is superb.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Excellent B&B in Nairn. We had a family room, which was big and very cosy. Beds were ery comfortable and breakfasts were delicious. The hosts, Paul and Mairi were very nice and helpful, always ready to advise on day trips, locations to visit and things to see. Located in a calm street, no parking, but as the street is not busy we didn't have a problem to park the car. We really enjoyed our 5 day stay in Cawdor house.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My sister and I stayed, through a tour, at the Cawdor House for two lovely nights and days. We traveled all over Scotland and never had a better meals than the two dinners and breakfasts Mairi and Paul prepared. Not only were the meals delicious but we had two vegetarians who were in heaven. The B & B is charming and clean and comfortable and the owners are delightful! After long days of travel and a lovely meal we got to sit and chat with the owner and get to know them which made the visit very personal. I would love to go back and stay at Cawdor House again.
Karen Kaplan
Rockville, MD USA

Room Tip: I loved being on the ground floor with my extra huge suitcase! The views were lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends