“Meal out with friends”
Review of Cawdor Tavern

Cawdor Tavern
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Nairn
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Traditional country pub and restaurant serving modern Scottish food with flair. Situated in the beautiful conservation village of Cawdor, close to the famous Cawdor Castle, Cawdor Tavern offers a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere to enjoy a simple bowl of home made soup or full three course meal all made from fresh local ingredients.
Forres, Moray, Scotland
“Meal out with friends”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Had a very enjoyable meal at the Cawdor Tavern on Saturday, 31 May. The service (staff as pleasant as ever) was slower than normal, I think due to a large family gathering through in the restaurant, resulting in pressure on the kitchen staff. We had not been to the Cawdor for some time, and it was pleasing to find that the high quality of food was still being served. There were four of us and we had a very enjoyable evening, and despite being last to leave (we were in the bistro/lounge area) there was no hassle. A wee gem still to be recommended.

Visited May 2014

Inverness, United Kingdom
“grand place to eat”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I ate here last month with my partner. the food was lovely. I had the venison superbly matured and well seasoned and the jus was outstanding.all thought my better half went for your standard steak pie it was well tasted and very neatly presented for a "pie and mash"

will be back again soon

many thanks

1 Thank bigflo121
“Great place, good food”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have just eaten at the Cawdor Tavern two nights in a row. Food is very good, portion size good and ambience good. We would recommend it to anyone travelling in this area.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Graham R
Kinloss, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Had a meal for the first time here yesterday. Have driven through the lovely little village of Cawdor many time, and did not know this lovely restaurant was here. Waitresses were very nice, helpful and cheery. Food came out very quickly and was all clearly freshly made to order. The highlight for me though was the lemon tart, amazing. Will definately visit again now we know where it is.

• Visited May 2014
“Taste of the Highlands but not twee!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is on my personal tour route for visitors, as well as one I frequent when I'm in the area. It is the perfect venue after a day of visiting Culloden Battlefield and Cawdor Castle... The ambience is warm, with a dark, cozy feel. The menu always has traditional Scottish staples that are consistently well-prepared. If you are going to try haggis (and I suggest you do!), this is where I'd take you. They also serve some of the best (and least greasy) fish & chips, as well as my favorite - venison. There are also unusual offerings, such as guinea fowl. Dessert? I'd recommend their sticky toffee pudding - the best I've found from Inverness to Aberdeen.