“Thank you Cawdor Tavern”
Review of Cawdor Tavern

Cawdor Tavern
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Nairn
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional country pub and restaurant serving modern Scottish food with flair. Situated in the beautiful conservation village of Cawdor, close to the famous Cawdor Castle, Cawdor Tavern offers a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere to enjoy a simple bowl of home made soup or full three course meal all made from fresh local ingredients.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

A very positive experience on each of the three evenings visited. We had originally booked just one evening, but after being let down by another restaurant in Inverness, Cawdor Tavern was able to accomodate us at short notice on a Sunday and Monday (when many places were closed). Staff did not bat an eyelid when we arrived at the end of a busy Sunday 'Teatime' (special menu) and soon found us a table.
I highly recommend this pub for a good choice of meals catering for a variety of tastes, very good quality beer and wine and efficient systems that worked very effectively when we were there.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Return visit for lunch, as on previous visits could not be faulted.

You receive a friendly greeting as soon as you walk inside,
can choose which table you sit at, the menu is varied, something
for everyones' taste and is a good price.

The staff gave us time to choose what we wanted to eat and
asking for a half portion was no problem, the lasagne in
particular was so enjoyable and my companion said her
panini? was really good.

We both asked for half portions of sticky toffee pudding and
again there was no problem in doing this.

As soon as possible I will return

Reviewed October 23, 2012

On holiday nearby we took our two young daughters for dinner at the Cawdor Tavern. It was a miserable night but the tavern had the fire on was on and was very welcoming. There was a box of toys for the children to play with and a good children's menu. Our own menu was surprisingly varied. When the food came it was plentiful and tasty. In fact, the children's portions were so substantial we could have ordered one main between the two of them. The staff were attentive and friendly. We also really appreciated that the baby changing room was stocked with a few nappies and nappy rash cream as we had some missing items in our changing bag. All in all, it was a successful evening out for all of us.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just arrived in Nairn (visiting from Canada) and the Cawdor Pub was recommended. I felt so good entering the pub as I was greeted wonderfully. On my own, they sat me at a table by the window...Nice. I ordered the Roast Beef dinner and it was fantastic. Good classic meal. I would definitely go back there again. Thankyou

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have just come back from a wonderful High Tea to celebrate my birthday.
The food was wonderful and was excellent value.
Children's menu for small people.
Thank you Cawdor Tavern.
Food highly recommended at all times but for those on a tighter budget - go for High Tea, a real treat.