All reviewshomemade shortbreadquiet lanegolf coursecountry laneluxury bed and breakfastfresh milk in the fridgegreat cookflat screen tvthe main housewalk in showermini fridgenairn golf clubfirst classbreakfast choicesfresh local producecomfortable bedsamazing hospitality
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I recently spent a night at Sandown House in Nairn with a group of old school friends. We had an excellent time- accommodation was 5star,comfy beds,a fantastic, beautiful bathroom/shower and a breakfast which set us all up for the day!
Liz, the proprietor, was an excellent host - arranging taxis,meal etc - nothing was too much bother. We are already looking forward to our next visit!
I can't recommend Sandown House enough!

Room Tip: Excellent standard in all rooms I saw.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Margaretb36921
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Hello Margaret
Apologies for the delay in replying to your review!
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on Sandown House, as always, great to see you and glad you enjoyed your stay! It was lovely to see all your friends again and I look forward to welcoming you back next month!

kind regards
Liz x

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Spent one night here with friends to celebrate our wives birthdays. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome - our rooms were excellent : very spacious and comfortable, the en-suite bathrooms were also first class. Breakfast on the Sunday morning was cooked to order and quite outstanding. All in all this is the best B & B we have used and I can recommend it unreservedly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack B
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Hello Jack
Very many thanks for your lovely review of Sandown House. I am delighted that you all enjoyed your stay with us and thatyou will return! I hope the ladies enjoyed their birthdays and that they werte totally spoilt!
I do trust you had a great walk on Sunday morning , it was such a beautiful day!
Hope you will visit again soon!
Kind regards
Liz

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to get away for a night and wanted to head up to Nairn as neither of us had been there before. We have a little dog and wanted to take him up with us, so we needed to find a place that would allow dogs into the rooms. After doing a bit of research online I came across the Sandown Guesthouse and after reading very positive reviews we decided to book for one night on Friday 7th March. I booked by phoning up Liz the previous night and she informed us we could check in from 1pm, which suited us fine as we were driving up from Aberdeen. On arrival we were greeted by Liz (the owner) who welcomed us into the main building to sign the register and then we were shown our large (courtyard) room on the ground floor. We were kindly offered a complimentary drink (I had a beer and gf had a glass of wine) which I thought was a very nice touch. Liz even provided us with some peanuts to eat alongside the drinks!

The room was beautiful. Very modern and large with an en suite and super kingsize bed. Ensuite was essentially a 'wet-room' with a walk in shower and also a bath. After our drink we decided we wanted to venture out and go for a walk with the dog. Liz told us we were 5 mins away from the local golf course and beach. She also marked up a map with some restaurants that were fantastic.

Unfortunately we didn't get breakfast at the guesthouse the following morning (Liz did inform me prior to booking that this would be the case) but it wasn't a problem at all. Not only did we get £15 off the room, but Liz recommended a fantastic little cafe at the harbour/marina that we went to in the morning before going for a walk along the beach.

My only regret is not staying longer. I would highly recommend this guesthouse and we have promised ourselves that we will book again for the summertime. So Liz...you'll be hearing from us!

Thanks again.
Neil & Jenni

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for one of the ground floor rooms (we had courtyard 1) as it has a patio door which you can just open and let the dog out.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NeilAbz1987
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Hi Neil and Jenni
Great to hear from you and I am thrilled you enjoyed your experience here at Sandown House and more important, you are planning to return!
It's a wonderful area here for walking and especially if you have a little four legged friend!
So glad you had a good breakfast at Basil and look forward to you sampling the delights of our lovely fresh breakfrast produce here, on your next visit! Until then, best wishes - Liz

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We think it would be difficult to improve on the level of service given by Liz at Sandown House. She goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure her guests are well looked after - this included arranging an evening meal booking, a lift into town and on her own initiative even collecting a lost earring inadvertently left behind in a store. The complimentary nightcap provided was also much appreciated - 5* plus and definitely recommended!

Room Tip: Our ground floor room in the annexe was very spacious, beautifully decorated with quality toiletries and robes provided in the high standard bathroom.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

HI Janet and John
Apologies for the delay in responding.
Thank you so much for your kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your brief stay here at Sandown House, it is always a pleasure to look after the lovely guest who come and visit us. I enjoyed meeting you both and I was only too delighted to deliver the lovely earing back to it's rightful owner! I hope you had a good day on Suncay and a safe journery back to the Isle of Skye. I do hope you will come and stay with us again!
Kind regards
Liz

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We read the reviews on this place & had really high hopes. Our visit didn't disappoint on any level. Liz was the perfect host giving us a very warm welcome & a delicious breakfast. Our room was fantastic - shame more rooms in Scotland are not to this level of quality. We had a 6ft cozy, comfy bed in a massive room with a great bathroom. Would recommend staying here even if you are visiting Inverness as it's only a short drive away. We hope to have another excuse to visit the area just to stay her again. Fantastic.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Hello Anne

Firstly - apologies for the delay in responding to your lovely review.
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience at Sandown House. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and it was a pleasure to meet you and Ian.
I hope your workshop in Elgin and Helmsdale went well and we would love the opportunity of welcoming you back!
Happy Christmas!