$192
$168
$154
$133
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

$96
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
Tali Ayer(Nairn)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshomemade shortbreadfresh milkquiet lanegolf coursecountry laneluxury bed and breakfastgreat cookwalk in showerflat screen tvthe main housemini fridgefantastic guest housenairn golf clubfirst classbreakfast choicesfresh local producecomfortable beds
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Liz worked for others in the hospitality business before opening her B&B and it shows. This place is first class across the board - great, clean, well furnished rooms; fantastic breakfast; well thought out bathroom and help with all the little stuff (restaurant recommendations and reservations, etc.). Liz is also lovely on a personal level and goes out of her way to make sure you have a great stay. I loved it and it is now my go to choice in the area- take my advice and make it yours, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear John

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here at Sandown House and thank you so much for your kind review.
It was lovely to meet you and your Dad and have you both stay here with us.
It was great to hear about your very exciting golf tour and I do hope you both enjoyed all the fantastic courses you played.
I do hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back to Sandown, sometime in the future!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Spent two nights in courtyard room on upper floor. Cannot fault the room, service or breakfast. Hospitality from proprietor Liz was exceptional and professional, and nothing too much trouble.
Rooms are beautifully and freshly decorated and furnished. Breakfast is nicely cooked to order with excellent variety and no self service.
Premises have own parking and are located down a quiet lane. Walkable over golf course to the seaside. Not really walkable to Nairn town centre, but short taxi ride and Liz will of course help with this as well as recommendations for places to eat - she will book them too!
Comfortable guests' lounge in original house.
Highly recommended - well deserves its current accolades.

Room Tip: We had room 3 on courtyard upper floor, with country views and sneaky glimpses of the firth. Lower floor has minor privacy issues to car park. Original house has two rooms, a bit smaller. All rooms decorated in similar style but courtyard rooms are more spacious. Go for upper courtyard, but all are lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Hello Iain

Very many thanks for your positive review of Sandown House. I am delighted you enjoyed your experience here and took the time to let me know.
It was a pleasure to meet you and Fiona and I enjoyed hearing about your visits to the eateries within the area.
I also enjoyed showing you around the property and hope your enjoy making your new property a home.
I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future and thanks again for visiting Sandown House.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed with Liz in mid-July as part of a family holiday. This was our first time in Nairn and we were not disappointed! From the moment we arrived, we were put at our ease and Liz was always on hand to offer advice on local landmarks and restaurants. The breakfast each morning was exceptional, with so much attention to detail. On our final evening, following Liz's recommendation, we went to the Bandstand restaurant, which was also brilliant. Thank you to Liz for such a lovely stay! It was just what we needed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello Michael

Sincere apologies for the delay in responding!
Thank you for taking the time to review Sandown House and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It was great to meet you and your lovely family and I certainly enjoyed our chat at breakfast. I hope you had a great time on your trip to Montrose and I do hope you will return to Sandown House in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

From the minute I arrived it was 1st class service. It was obvious that this wonderful B&B was run by professional hoteliers, with knowledge and passion for their business. The room was beautifully designed and very welcoming, the bathroom products were of high quality, rare to find in most BB's, the bed with beautiful linen was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Breakfast was first class, everything was fresh, local and beautifully cooked.

Andy and Liz were the perfect hosts and I would highly recommend visiting Nairn just to experience this wonderful establishment

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Hello Carol

Thank you for your kind review.
It was lovely to welcome you back to Sandown House and we are delighted you enjoyed your vist here again! The lovely weather certainly displays our beautiful area at it's best and I know you enjoyed your day at the Aberdeen Asset Scottish Open at Castle Stuart Golf Links.
I hope you had a good journey home and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you bck to Sandown House in the future.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here for one night on 11th July. We were shown to our room which was acceptable although the rather large distressed wardrobe sort of dominated the room. Bed and bedding were great and the bathroom was lovely. The weather was glorious, therefore the room was very warm and no fan, so very stuffy, even with the front and bathroom window open, but not such a great issue I suppose. The dining area was lovely and we were looking forward to our breakfast. There is no self service here, which was a change. My hubbys porridge was great and my fresh fruit and yogurt ok, however the main breakfast was very disappointing. I asked for the special, haddock and poached eggs and it arrived, with just one poached egg which was completely overdone...dry, hard yolk..yuk...however my hubbys was worse, burnt black pudding and cremated sausages. As he was hungry he ate some of the sausages but left the black pudding which was inedible... these dishes should never have left the kitchen that way and to be fair I should have complained at the time but was shell shocked that they were served up, especially as a one night stay was £125....seriously not impressed, as we were the only table getting a cooked breakfast at the time.
Nice place but they need to keep an eye whilst cooking and not serve up burnt offerings to guests!!

Room Tip: ask for one of the new rooms in the seperate building and bring a fire extinguisher for the breakfast!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pam
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience during your recent stay.
I am disappointed you didn't enjoy your breakfast and only wished you would have highlighted this to me, when asked, to enable me to put it right.
I am so very sorry.