All reviewshomemade shortbreadquiet lanegolf coursecountry laneluxury bed and breakfastfresh milk in the fridgegreat cookflat screen tvthe main housewalk in showermini fridgenairn golf clubfirst classbreakfast choicesfresh local producecomfortable bedsamazing hospitality
Reviewed July 14, 2013

From the minute I arrived it was 1st class service. It was obvious that this wonderful B&B was run by professional hoteliers, with knowledge and passion for their business. The room was beautifully designed and very welcoming, the bathroom products were of high quality, rare to find in most BB's, the bed with beautiful linen was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Breakfast was first class, everything was fresh, local and beautifully cooked.

Andy and Liz were the perfect hosts and I would highly recommend visiting Nairn just to experience this wonderful establishment

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Hello Carol

Thank you for your kind review.
It was lovely to welcome you back to Sandown House and we are delighted you enjoyed your vist here again! The lovely weather certainly displays our beautiful area at it's best and I know you enjoyed your day at the Aberdeen Asset Scottish Open at Castle Stuart Golf Links.
I hope you had a good journey home and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you bck to Sandown House in the future.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here for one night on 11th July. We were shown to our room which was acceptable although the rather large distressed wardrobe sort of dominated the room. Bed and bedding were great and the bathroom was lovely. The weather was glorious, therefore the room was very warm and no fan, so very stuffy, even with the front and bathroom window open, but not such a great issue I suppose. The dining area was lovely and we were looking forward to our breakfast. There is no self service here, which was a change. My hubbys porridge was great and my fresh fruit and yogurt ok, however the main breakfast was very disappointing. I asked for the special, haddock and poached eggs and it arrived, with just one poached egg which was completely overdone...dry, hard yolk..yuk...however my hubbys was worse, burnt black pudding and cremated sausages. As he was hungry he ate some of the sausages but left the black pudding which was inedible... these dishes should never have left the kitchen that way and to be fair I should have complained at the time but was shell shocked that they were served up, especially as a one night stay was £125....seriously not impressed, as we were the only table getting a cooked breakfast at the time.
Nice place but they need to keep an eye whilst cooking and not serve up burnt offerings to guests!!

Room Tip: ask for one of the new rooms in the seperate building and bring a fire extinguisher for the breakfast!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pam
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience during your recent stay.
I am disappointed you didn't enjoy your breakfast and only wished you would have highlighted this to me, when asked, to enable me to put it right.
I am so very sorry.

Liz Burgess

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have just returned from a weekend with Liz and Andy who were perfect hosts. We had a fabulous room with our own private small south facing garden. Everything was tastefully done, the décor, bed linen, lounge area, wet room and good bathroom cosmetics. It was such a change not to have the horrible buffet breakfast, here everything was fresh. Liz recommended two restaurants, the Bandstand and the School rooms which we tried and enjoyed very much. I only wish we could have stayed longer especially as we had perfect weather also.

Room Tip: Just book and enjoy
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the lovely weather you had here in Nairn. I am also pleased you had great experiences at the Bandstand and Classroom.
We appreciate the time you took to highlight your stay and I certainly hope you will return!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We spent 2 nights here while we played some golf in the area. Wish we could have stayed longer! We stayed in Room 4 which is in the new detached building. The rooms are very new and spacious and luxuriously appointed by someone with great taste. Our king bed was so comfortable (not always easy to find). The rooms have small refrigerators in them, good wi-fi, etc. Liz is a wonderful hostess and a great cook!! You can't beat the combination of warm Scottish hospitality, local knowledge and beautiful accomodations. Thanks for the great stay!!

Room Tip: We preferred being in the rooms in the new building rather than staying in the house! Rooms 1-4.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Hi Robert and Nancy
Thanks for your kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It was lovely to meet you both and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Scotland. It would be great to see you back here again next year!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I had a two night stay at Sandown House and it was fantastic. The reviews we read before going seemed too good to be true but were actually spot on. It was perfect. We were welcomed by Andy who showed us around the house and into our spacious bedroom which had a lovely little balcony. The room was spotlessly clean with a fantastic walk in shower and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Thanks Liz for emailing me the paint colour of the bedroom. I am definitely going to use it in our house. Breakfast was whenever we wanted it and was excellent in choice and quality. Liz's soda bread was great! Liz and Andy are so welcoming and friendly and make you feel very valued guests. They reccommended great places to eat (even offering a lift there) and visit which made our stay even more enjoyable. A beautiful white sandy beach was just five minutes walk away. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Hello Paula

Very many thanks for your kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here at Sandown. I certainly enjoyed meeting you both and our wee chats at breakfast!
I hope you had a good time up north and I do hope you will return again in the future.