All reviewshomemade shortbreadquiet lanegolf coursecountry laneluxury bed and breakfastfresh milk in the fridgegreat cookflat screen tvthe main housewalk in showermini fridgenairn golf clubfirst classbreakfast choicesfresh local producecomfortable bedsamazing hospitality
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have just returned from a weekend with Liz and Andy who were perfect hosts. We had a fabulous room with our own private small south facing garden. Everything was tastefully done, the décor, bed linen, lounge area, wet room and good bathroom cosmetics. It was such a change not to have the horrible buffet breakfast, here everything was fresh. Liz recommended two restaurants, the Bandstand and the School rooms which we tried and enjoyed very much. I only wish we could have stayed longer especially as we had perfect weather also.

Room Tip: Just book and enjoy
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the lovely weather you had here in Nairn. I am also pleased you had great experiences at the Bandstand and Classroom.
We appreciate the time you took to highlight your stay and I certainly hope you will return!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We spent 2 nights here while we played some golf in the area. Wish we could have stayed longer! We stayed in Room 4 which is in the new detached building. The rooms are very new and spacious and luxuriously appointed by someone with great taste. Our king bed was so comfortable (not always easy to find). The rooms have small refrigerators in them, good wi-fi, etc. Liz is a wonderful hostess and a great cook!! You can't beat the combination of warm Scottish hospitality, local knowledge and beautiful accomodations. Thanks for the great stay!!

Room Tip: We preferred being in the rooms in the new building rather than staying in the house! Rooms 1-4.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Hi Robert and Nancy
Thanks for your kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It was lovely to meet you both and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Scotland. It would be great to see you back here again next year!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I had a two night stay at Sandown House and it was fantastic. The reviews we read before going seemed too good to be true but were actually spot on. It was perfect. We were welcomed by Andy who showed us around the house and into our spacious bedroom which had a lovely little balcony. The room was spotlessly clean with a fantastic walk in shower and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Thanks Liz for emailing me the paint colour of the bedroom. I am definitely going to use it in our house. Breakfast was whenever we wanted it and was excellent in choice and quality. Liz's soda bread was great! Liz and Andy are so welcoming and friendly and make you feel very valued guests. They reccommended great places to eat (even offering a lift there) and visit which made our stay even more enjoyable. A beautiful white sandy beach was just five minutes walk away. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Hello Paula

Very many thanks for your kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here at Sandown. I certainly enjoyed meeting you both and our wee chats at breakfast!
I hope you had a good time up north and I do hope you will return again in the future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just spent a superb weekend at Sandown House. A very warm welcome from Liz and Andy who shared their local knowledge on how to maximise our time in the area. They recommended a boat trip on Loch Ness which was just ideal for our 3 year old grandson who had great fun looking for Nessie followed by a visit to Fort Augustus and the Union Canal. We certainly "feasted like a king" at breakfast enjoying local produce and homemade bread which was cooked to perfection by Liz. She saw to all our needs including a request for a second potato scone by our grandson. We had 2 rooms in the Courtyard which were suberbly appointed, spacious and immaculate. We even enjoyed a cup of tea with some homemade shortbread on the balcony in the sunshine! Looking forward to visiting the area again and another stay at Sandown House.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Hi Anne

Thank you so much for your kind review.
It was so nice to have you and your family stay with us for the weekend and what a lovely well mannered little boy Ryan is. The dogs certainly enjoyed the attention he gave them! I am delighted you all enjoyed your visit and sorry Ryan didn't see Nessie, but I do hope you will all return agian!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I travel a lot with work, around 100 nights away a year and I have found some nice places, and of course some not so nice, Sandown House is amongst the absolute very best I have found.

Liz is head of house and from the moment you make your booking your are completely assured that your in safe hands. Arriving late on the first evening, nothing was too much trouble as I was shown around Liz's beautiful home and across the courtyard to my room, a large space that looked more like it belongs in ideal home magazine. 5 minutes later, Liz was back at the door with a beer... Brilliant.

The rest of my stay was equally as memorable, wonderful home cooked breakfasts including smoked haddock on my last day, local organic double yolker eggs, homemade jam and soda bread... The list goes on.

Liz's provides a wealth of local knowledge from things to do, to great eating houses both local and beyond. I am so compelled by Sandown House I am returning for a holiday in a few months.

The best thing abut discovering Sandown House if that I have several more trips to Nairn this year for work and I am looking forward to them more than normal!

Every average B&B owner or hotelier should pick up the phone today and book a stay at Sandown to learn how things should be done in this industry, it puts so many to shame.

Don't even think about booking anywhere else is this part of Scotland, it will not meet the same standard this will.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Hi Danny
Oh such praise - thank you indeed!
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here at Sandown and am delighted you will be returning in the future and I look forward to meeting Suzy.
We really do appreciate you staying and feel very humbled by your comments.
I hope you had a good journey home and look forward very much to welcoming you back!