“First Rate Service”

Ranked #4 of 37 Nairn B&B and Inns
skyte
“First Rate Service”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just had a great 2 night stay at the terrific Sandown House B&B Nairn. Trip Advisor reviews are once again, spot on. A warm welcome from Liz and Andy, and no shortage of hospitality in this modern, very clean and friendly house. we stayed in the courtyard room number 4, (top floor, very quiet) which was faultless, and came home with my wife's idea that we should have a bathroom with a walk in shower like that! think this short stay is going to cost me a little more than the very reasonable room rate we paid for the stay here. breakfast cooked to order using fresh local produce, great choice of juices, tea and coffee, cereals, and real tasty home made soda bread. so a big thank you again to Liz and Andy, we shall certainly return for a visit in the future, Gordon and jackie.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hi Jackie and Gordon

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and it was such a surprise to see you!
Now that you have found us I sincerely hope you will return - hope the shower room doesn't cost too much Gordon! Glad you liked it.
Thanks for taking the time to review.
Liz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Sandown House is the best place I've spend time ever. Thank you Liz & Andy for this.
The only problem was that Liz got the inbox full during the Xmas time, therefore I can't send you any email!
PS. The pudding was great. I've tried to do it the same way you did, Liz, and on the 3rd time found correct mix of time & temperature. I still have to practice with the poached-eggs :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hello Pawel
How nice to hear from you and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You must come back and next time see Nairn this beautiful area in the daylight . I am also happy you enjoyed the cooking demonstration and you will master the eggs I'm sure! Sorry my mailbox was fulland I have cleaned it up since. I hope you had a lovely festive season with your family and hope you will bring them all to Nairn.
Very kind regards
Reviewed January 15, 2013

A few of us stayed at Sandown House in November for a girlie trip and we had the most amazing time. The room's are better than some hotel's I have stayed in! They are all beautifully decorated, clean and very spacious. Liz and Andy were the perfect hosts and breakfast in the morning was amazing - so delicious! We will definitley stay at sandown again and will be recommending it to our family and friends. Thank you for a fabulous weekend away :-)

LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
You are most welcome! We too enjoyed having you and your lovely familyto stay here and we are so delighted you had such a great time here.
I do hope you will return in the future and thank you for takinig the trouble to feedback!
Best Wishes
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed at Sandown House for a girlie weekend away in November 2012. What can i say - it was amazing!! Bed so comfortable and rooms very spacious. Liz is the perfect host. I would definitely recommend Sandown House and hope I will be returning again soon!!

1 Thank dior123
Hello
Thank you for taking the time to review Sandown House. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here although it seems ages since you girls brought life to Nairn! Lovely to have you all and hope you will return again in the future
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My daughters and I had a fantastic weekend at Sandown House at the end of November.the rooms were like a boutique hotel - warm, comfy beds, fabulous bathroom-Liz even provided a safety handle for me for the shower (I have mobility problems).breakfast was great -all freshly cooked. Am now trying to find an excuse for another visit soon!
Sandown house is a great venue for a girls' weekend!

Room Tip: All rooms were of a very high standard!
1 Thank Margaretb36921
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Hi Margaret
It was lovely to have you and your delightful daughters stay with us here at Sandown House recently. I am glad you all enjoyed your stay, what a lovely and lively bunch of youg ladies!
Thank you for bringing them all to stay here and I do hope you will all return again.
Happy Christmas!
Reviewed November 25, 2012

A group of us stayed at Sandown House. We all had an excellent stay and were looked after by the perfect host. Couldn't have asked for more. Bed was extremely comfy and the room was decorated beautifully. Will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Redcli
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hello

I am so delighted you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us here at Sandown House. It was really good of you to take the time to review your experience with us. I sincerely hope you and the other ladies will return sometime in the future.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Liz Makes you feel so welcome and comfortable In their home.
Rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. the rooms have a boutique hotel feel about them.
Rooms are well equipped, tv, hair dryer, dressing gown and tea making facilities etc.
This room also has its own balcony looking on to the cromarty firth

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank Lorna M
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hello Lorna

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here at Sandown. I am thrilled you enjoyed your short break with us and appreciared our lovely bedrooms! It was lovely to see you and all your friends again and I do hope you will return again in the future.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Liz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nairn
Newton Muthu Hotel
Boath House
Boath House
#7 of 9 in Nairn
Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa

Been to Sandown House B&B? Share your experiences!