“Had a good feeling walking in but gone by time I spoke to waitress”
Review of The Links Brasserie - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Links Brasserie
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Scenic view
Description: In our impressive yet informal conservatory restaurant, you can enjoy fabulous views of the surrounding Nairn coastline and the Moray Firth, while sampling a range of tasty dishes from our main menu. It caters for all palates and is available from 11.00am to 9.00pm, complemented by an additional specials menu offering even more for you to choose from.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Golf View Hotel looked typically Highland Hotel and for me that normally says quality
Disappointed by menu, no flexibility whenI asked to order off the main restaurant menu.
Waitress totally confused by wines, I did ask for full list as the Brasserie list was very limited. The wrong bottle was brought, an sparkling wine when I ordered a white burgundy, the wrong wine was even proudly announced as St Veran. When the St Veran finally appeared it was not chilled enough. The bill was not cheap, the only good thing was the view

1  Thank alistairbarnwell

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Sat down at noon, left at 13.45.
There was only one very polite assistant taking orders, serving food and tending the bar.
The vegetable broth was bland and devoid of any taste whatsoever - I suggested that perhaps the chef had forgotten to add 'stock'! I could safely say that i have never tasted such bland broth!
The steak pie, however, was reasonable, but was more a stew with a square piece of pastry on top. My colleague's stir fried vegetables were good, as were the desserts - bread pudding.
For a hotel of its standing, the food was overpriced and mediocre! If it wasn't for the enjoyable view over the Firth, I think we'd have left!
I'd suggest a lower price menu as well as an improvement in quality of food and service!

1  Thank Jimmox
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My mother and father had staid here a while ago and had thoroughly enjoyed the friendly service and good food.
Sad to say when my fiancée and I went with the rest of the family it was Disgusting!!
Food- cold poor quality frozen chips masquerading as homemade chips . Salad without dressing !!
The table next to us on a cold wet Thursday afternoon had left as we were seated by the time the mains came I actually had to ask if it could be cleared !!
I will forgive the poor chap behind the bar he was new and inexperienced he shouldn't have been left alone but for the surely waitress I do not expect my food to be flung at me nor when I ask for a drinks menu to be told there isn't one when one is sitting on the table next to us!

When we complained to get a poultry £20 off the bill and no apology from the child who apparently was allowed to deduct something off our bill even when another couple dining agreed with us it had rapidly gone down hill!!!!!!!!

Never again shall we stay / eat or recommend this place to ANYONE!

2  Thank Mrsharrison2b
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Dined here for dinner twice and lunch once whilst staying at the hotel. My Mum had spa treatment booked and we were a bit pushed for time on the lunch . The waiter was so kind , went to the spa and asked if he could change time for my Mum. Spa said absolutely no problem , my mum should enjoy lunch and then head of spa! Great service. Food was good , first night we did return our steaks as they were like leather and had to wait for two more to be cooked . The two that back were excellent. Staff friendly and professional.

1  Thank HOTELINSPECTORABZ
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

First course arrived missing side dish....told waiter but to no avail.
Main course arrived missing part of the dish....this time the missing part arrived ten mins after the rest of the meal.
Food was average...medium to rare lamb appeared with charcoal
Staff were trying but all that we could hear round the room were constant apologies
Best avoided...overpriced and you will be lucky if you receive your full meal.

1  Thank EdinburghEuan